Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jerry Gill to Cheltenham??

Go down

Jerry Gill to Cheltenham?? Empty Jerry Gill to Cheltenham??

Post by stowford press on Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:14 pm

After the 1-1 draw with Macclesfield on Saturday Cheltenham sacked manager Gary Johnson and Sky bet have Jerry Gill as 2nd Favourite to replace him.

Can this really happen twice in 2 seasons that we lose our manager so early on in the season?

Unlike under Gary Owers there is a good feeling around the club at the moment and it would be a shame to lose Jerry Gill just at the beginning of his first full season. I hope he doesn't go but wouldn't blame him for going back into the league.

stowford press

Back to top Go down

Jerry Gill to Cheltenham?? Empty Re: Jerry Gill to Cheltenham??

Post by tovid on Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:49 pm

Jerry is obviously ambitious but I am surprised Skybet even have him on their radar as he is only building a team at the moment - he hasn't done anything with it. Plus if Gary Johnson can't do anything with a team you do wonder what anyone else can do with it.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley on Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:54 pm

Bookies have Jerry at 2/1 second favourite behind Lee Carsley, of whom the local press are reporting is not in the running. Hope this is all rumours.....
Ashley
Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by stowford press on Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:55 pm

As do I.

But in the last 2 interviews with Mark Stilman he has picked on the fans for being quiet. It’s fair criticism as TP has gone quiet, expectant even but I always feel it’s a bad sign if the manager is having a pop at the fans. If a league club with 2,500 each home game comes a calling I’d not be shocked if Jim is in charge by the east Thurrock game comes round.

Again I hope it’s all rumour and I hope JG is seen as too inexperienced in the eyes of the Cheltenham board.

stowford press

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE on Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:55 pm

Any coincidence that Jerry is going to Cheltenham on 30th?
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by LB on Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:47 pm

On Twitter this morning journalist Chris Spittles was suggesting that Russell Slade might be in the frame for the Cheltenham job.

Jerry was probably a bit of a gamble for us last season so at this stage it would seem an enormous one for Cheltenham.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by stowford press on Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:31 pm

Russell Slade and Jerry Gill are joint favourites at 5/2. I know you can’t read too much into the betting but I’d rather Jerry’s name wasn’t up there!

stowford press

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down