Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No more postponements at Weston?

+11
SteveS
Midsomer-chris
Steve Whites Missus
LB
BenE
Beau Nash
kermit
Marc Monitor
yuffie
comrade powell
Manchester Romans
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

No more postponements at Weston? - Page 2 Empty Re: No more postponements at Weston?

Post by Beau Nash Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:39 pm

WSM FB confirms: FOLLOWING FURTHER INSPECTION GAME HAS BEEN DECLARED OFF BY THE MATCH REFEREE
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

No more postponements at Weston? - Page 2 Empty Re: No more postponements at Weston?

Post by Midsomer-chris Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:00 pm

kermit wrote:So, let's do the maths.
Referee lives in Milton Keynes.
He was waiting for the first inspection before leaving home.
So, maybe, once he'd heard the news, he got away by 10.00.
Journey time, on a good day, is 3 hours.
Say he arrives at the ground at 13.15, gets his boots on (hope he brought his wellies), squelches around for 10 minutes, calls it off at maybe 13.30.
News is passed on to BCFC, whose players and supporters are by now at the ground.
Supporters are in the bar, giving money to WsM.
Priceless.

Not these two supporters. We were going to drive to the match so we have hung on and hung on for the final pitch inspection. affraid  Sad  What a shock . . . . . what a surprise the match is off !

Joking apart I feel so sorry for the fans who have already travelled  . . . . . especially the ones on the Supporters Coach. This is an exact replay of what happened last year Evil or Very Mad  Weston should have called it off first thing so that people (including the match referee) did not even begin travelling. Well, it will rebound on them because I don't think our fans will even bother turning up to the next match.

Happy New Year everyone . . . . . hope you can all enjoy what is left of the day. Smile
Midsomer-chris
Midsomer-chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:13 pm

What's this now? The fifth time is seven years or something like that? Surely that's worthy of some kind of complaint to someone vaguely official.

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:21 pm

Fifth in six seasons, the only time it has taken place on its scheduled date was August Bank Holiday in 2015, and even then I believe it rained (I didn't go, I haven't seen a league match there since 2014).

I think barring one (2013) all the matches have been postponed within an hour and a half of kick-off, or at least by the time supporters have set off.

Back to arranging other things for Weston away, I'm raging that I was stupid enough to say I was available.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:56 pm

It has got to the stage where we are so aware of the problems with the pitch they can't fool us with - the game is on - at 10am. They have cried wolf too often. If no one turns up for the actual fixture they have only themselves to blame.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Micawber Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:29 pm

I expect Weston will claim that they were happy for the match to go ahead but the City management wanted it called off.

Micawber

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:39 pm

Absolutely atrocious state of affairs. As I said, they should have called it off when we had the downpour during the match on Boxing Day.

At least, unlike last time, I didn't travel down and spend the whole day instead drinking and watching the 6 nations.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2