Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welling United

+6
Luton Roman
SteveS
BenE
yuffie
Steve Whites Missus
sirkev
10 posters

Go down

Welling United Empty Welling United

Post by sirkev Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:16 pm

I think its safe to say that Darren Jones isn't on a lot of fans' Christmas card list........ : :

sirkev

Back to top Go down

Welling United Empty Re: Welling United

Post by Steve Whites Missus Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:22 pm

I don't know.... he'd make a good Father Christmas... just hide the christmas pudding

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:52 pm

This season's Marvin Morgan - the Pop Side always needs one.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:17 pm

Good of GO to give us one every season.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:37 pm

The groundswell of opinion after the game was that it just wasn't good enough. More than that we can't see where we are improving. The players given their chance by the injuries in midfield have not shown anything to prevent those players coming straight back in when fit. And we have already identified the shortcomings of the newly recruited players.
If Jarvis was given his last chance today he blew it. I thought Straker was poor throughout yet Ball was taken off to see if he was also poor at LB. The game appeared to pass Rigg by as it usually does when he is in midfield. The defence resorted to hoofing the ball long and by-passing midfield which suggests they weren't being given options from midfield. I like McCootie and Watto out wide but think if we also play with two up top it leaves us light in midfield.
However given the players at our disposal for this game you can see where the formation came from.
I would hope that GO is working on bringing in a midfielder pretty sharpish especially if Frankie and Billy are likely to be out for any length of time. We can afford to lose both Lucas and Jarvis to pay for them.

BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveS Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:30 pm

Agree BenE, just not good enough. Glaring need for a midfielder with some quality. I am not a massive Artus fan but is the best we have and we miss him at the moment, I suppose that just shows how bad the rest are.
I don't think Jarvis will be around for much longer, perhaps his former manager would like him at Wealdstone along with Kaid.
Gary Owers seems to give a pretty honest assessment of things but does not seem to be able to do anything about it, at the moment were looking like a team likely to finish somewhere in the bottom third of the league.

SteveS

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:42 pm

Well that was one of the poorest 1st halves I've seen in my 50 years of support. 2nd half mitigated by stealing a point. If I'd been a Welling fan I'd be very disappointed not to take all the points.
Where to begin. Jarvis and Lucas add nothing. Physically weak and no pace. But all very well blaming them. GO must have had a plan on how to use them. But with no midfield creativity nothing was happening for anyone! Watkins and McCootie looked isolated, and Watto looked distinctly out of sorts. Marvin battled and held up well but none of the supporting cast read or were clever enough to move to the right place.
Positives. Batten did well though seemed to be as much last ditch clearances as playing football. Southwood looks assured and must be growing in confidence. Jones wins everything ...that is down his throat in the air.

Really impressed by all the off the pitch initiatives and commitments. Charlie's buzzing pre match. Bob C working like a trojan as always. Others as well. Plenty wearing shirts and colours. But...nothing will increase gates like a winning team. We wait in hope and trust in GO.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:44 pm

Steve Whites Missus wrote:I don't know.... he'd make a good Father Christmas... just hide the christmas pudding

Why? I honestly don't think he's fat. Certain it's just muscle.

Can't deny his lack of pace, though.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:52 pm

I think we are missing Chas more than we realise. We have nobody capable of playing a holding midfield role, and this results in a lack of service to the forwards and pressure on the defence.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by Ad da Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:45 am

I agree with most off above . Mr jones had a better game tban before . But is still far to slow . If it wasnt for jack batten ( man of match ) the scoreline would be a lot different

Ad da

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:05 pm

LB wrote:I think we are missing Chas more than we realise. We have nobody capable of playing a holding midfield role, and this results in a lack of service to the forwards and pressure on the defence.

What about Ryan Case? From what I have seen he seems ideal for the role.
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:53 pm

He played midfield second half and put in a shift. He certainly didn't look out of place there.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down