Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Retained List News

+10
Marc Monitor
Steve Whites Missus
sned
Dusty Lynfield
LB
Micawber
Jon_BOA
Luton Roman
BenE
Beau Nash
14 posters

Go down

Retained List News Empty Retained List News

Post by Beau Nash Wed May 10, 2017 5:49 pm

Excepting the loanees, I expect most will be in Gary's plans  - http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/chas-hemmings-set-bath-city-54068 - but...
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Retained List News Empty Re: Retained List News

Post by BenE Wed May 10, 2017 6:53 pm

I think Chas has become a firm fan's favourite but this is the problem at this level. Work will always come first and not all employers are tolerant of conflicts with attendance
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Wed May 10, 2017 6:57 pm

No surprises. All depends on the calibre of the recruits.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon_BOA Thu May 11, 2017 10:29 am

Very sad to see Chas leave, damn useful player for his versatility and genuinely seemed to enjoy playing for City.

I'm more than a tad concerned that we "are in discussions" with Morgan though, I can't face another year of watching him struggle to control the ball, he played two good games at the end of the season, and that was it (not ignoring the goals at the start of the season, but I don't think he was playing well as such, but at least he was scoring.)

Jon_BOA

Back to top Go down

Post by Micawber Thu May 11, 2017 10:50 am

In most of the games I watched (only about 10 I'm afraid) Morgan did pretty well I thought. I think he gives the impression to a lot of people that he isn't trying that hard which I think is mainly due his ungainly appearance when running. Back in the 80s and 90s Graham Withey used to suffer from the same criticism but in my opinion was one of the best centre forwards we've had. I'm not suggesting Morgan is as good as Withey though.

Micawber

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Thu May 11, 2017 5:21 pm

Looks like we are losing Steve - @stevephillips78 Thanks @BathCity_FC had a great couple of seasons, wish the club, players and fans,all the very best in the future.- pity but he says he still wants to play but has nothing lined up.  Who do City have lined up?
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Thu May 11, 2017 5:52 pm

Disappointed that we are losing Chas - I think we generally looked at our strongest when he filled the 'holding midfield' role just in front of the back four, although the formation that Gary played towards the end of the season made it hard to fit him, Frankie and Billy Murphy in.

Marvin was a bit of an enigma really - if he could have played the way he did in the last few games over the whole season people would I think have had a different opinion of him. As for the Graham Withey comparison, if he could have scored as many goals as him his apparent lack of effort on occasions would have been overlooked.

Will be interesting to see what happens on the goalkeeper front - not really surprised that Steve Phillips was released, he was 39 a couple of days ago so would be 40 if we got into the playoffs next season.
Will Puddy has been released by Rovers, and although his debut at Chelmsford a few seasons ago was pretty traumatic he has, frustratingly, always played well against us. I think he finished the season on loan at Sutton after the 'pie-eater' resigned.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusty Lynfield Thu May 11, 2017 6:26 pm

On the goalkeeper front, I would like us to go for Luke Purnell at WSM, think he's a very good keeper at this level and would do well with our defence....good talker too.
Only issue is I think he was on a two year contract, so tied in for another season with WSM.
Dusty Lynfield
Dusty Lynfield

Back to top Go down

Post by sned Thu May 11, 2017 7:10 pm

No real surprises. Sad to see Chas go of course.

Hope Marv does manage to find a club "nearer to his Watford residence"! He picked up his performances towards the end of the season but we need more consistency up front.

Will be surprised if Shaq signs on for next season. Think Diallo would be a useful signing.

Exciting times with the bigger budget for next season!

sned

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Thu May 11, 2017 8:02 pm

I would like to have seen Lee Marshall in the team more often last season. Is a pity he was released, but understandable.

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Thu May 11, 2017 8:45 pm

Yeah, seconded on sorry to see Chas go and, for quite a while after he started, never thought I would say that. Phillips makes sense but we must have a replacement lined up. Marvin must go, surely.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Thu May 11, 2017 10:32 pm

I thought Marshall would play the Naby role but whenever he came on he looked lost. May have been a lack of confidence but he needed to grasp opportunities when they came along.
Shaq needs to learn the game. His positional sense is poor and his usefulness when we don't have the ball is nominal. He seems to want to make amends but will GO be prepared to take another punt on him coming good? I wouldn't be disappointed if he stayed as he offers something different especially as seems likely Josh H will go.
Max Oleary made a big impact and that wouldn't have been the case if Steve Philips was on top of his game. Does more shouting than goalkeeping now. Wish we had had him three or four years ago.
With Chas not staying we lose a lot of our aerial presence. Could this be a case for retaining Marvin? We would need to bring in someone else of the same stature if not.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Fri May 12, 2017 8:06 am

Given how GO chased Marshall last summer he must have been disappointed at his play. Seemed to lack the physical presence for this level.
Excellent point about our aerial strength. We looked a lot stronger at the back and offered more up front this season. GO must be looking to replace like with like if we lose both Chas and Marvin.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by the demon headmaster Mon May 15, 2017 9:11 pm

There should be the odd player free from FGR duties now.

the demon headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Tue May 16, 2017 6:58 pm

Were they full time?
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by county exile Thu May 18, 2017 4:19 pm

From Frome Town twitter:-

Frome Town FC‏ @frometownfc 3h3 hours ago
Fantastic news, we have beaten off stiff competition to agree terms with Chas Hemmings from Bath City, great work @JoshJeffries7
county exile
county exile

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Fri May 19, 2017 10:34 am

A great signing for Frome as Chas will really stand out at that level. But considering the travelling involved in that league I can't see how fitting football around his job will change.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveS Fri May 19, 2017 11:34 am

Does seem a little odd, but I suspect Frome have said something like he only has to go training once a week and no training if there is a midweek game.

SteveS

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Sat May 20, 2017 8:55 am

Bath City FC‏ Verified account @BathCity_FC  Today from Twitter:

NEWS: We're pleased to announce that Andy Watkins (@watto85) has signed a new deal for the 2017/18 season! #Romans
bounce
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Fri May 26, 2017 12:05 pm

I can't recall or find out what is happening / has happened regarding Naby and Dan?  Are City still interested in retaining them?  Both, I feel, are players city ought to want to keep. scratch
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down