Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bath vs Maidstone

5 posters

Go down

Bath vs Maidstone  Empty Bath vs Maidstone

Post by Fantstone Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:43 pm

Hello all, looking forward to our visit nexr week, possibly one of our best away destinations of the season. Just one worrying aspect though is the time of year and the problems the weather may cause. Have you had problems with your pitch up to now? Or is it still looking good. Really hoping it goes ahead as scheduled, as it's a long drive for a midweek match. Also, any tips on parking, pubs and food down there would be much appreciated. I can repost anything from here on our forum, or perhaps one of you could just pop on there yourselves and post. You'd be most welcome there.

Fantstone

Back to top Go down

Bath vs Maidstone  Empty Re: Bath vs Maidstone

Post by Marc Monitor Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:01 pm

We haven't had a cancellation for a while and the pitch is usually in good condition and well drained.

There is limited parking at the ground, some free spaces and some you have to pay for depending when you get there. There is on-street parking in the streets around within walking distance.

I and others drink at the Royal Oak (http://whatpub.com/pubs/BAT/109/royal-oak-bath) which is a joy if you like real ales, traditional ciders and nothing else apart from chat. Well, apart from the evening where it is a haven for live music and, if you are staying around, there is some particularly fine music on Saturday.

There are also the Golden Fleece which has Sky TV and pool (http://whatpub.com/pubs/BAT/45/golden-fleece-bath) and many Bath City supporters go to the Old Crown which is the nearest pub to the ground (http://whatpub.com/pubs/BAT/82/old-crown-bath). There is also the Charmbury Arms around the corner from the Royal Oak (http://whatpub.com/pubs/BAT/22/charmbury-arms-bath).

There is, also, a large bar at the ground as well which usually has plenty of room for most as long as you get there early enough and is also open at half-time

Enjoy your visit - aside from the result, of course!
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:09 pm

Marc has beaten me to it. It's supposed to rain a bit throughout the week so fingers crossed it'll be ok, we haven't had a match waterlogged off at home since early 2013.

Hope you enjoy Maidstone's first visit to TP since 1988. Just noticed that we have four wins against Maidstone in 35 attempts and none at home since 1986, so I'd say we're due a victory...
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:32 pm

Bloody hell, I didn't realise it was as long ago as that. The cancellation, I mean.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:36 pm

Welling home, think it was January 2013. We won the re-arranged game 1-0, Sekani Simpson scored.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:48 pm

Wouldn't normally be a problem, but isn't that the weekend we are doing a 'Somerset Festival Week'?
I think, just like Somerset Cricket used to do, we are playing a 'festival Saturday' at Weston super Mare........anyway, no problem down there......the game will be on.
Na....only joking Fantstone (is that right?)...see you in the Charmbury or Royal Oak.....or both.
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:15 am

Fantstone, would be interesting to read your views on 3G pitches after watching half a season of one at your place. There's a debate going on here...

https://bathcityfc.forumotion.co.uk/t1065-game-off-again
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Fantstone Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:54 pm

thanks for the info everyone, pubs sound good, i'm sure ill bump into a few of you at some point. i'll have my kids with me, hope they're allowed in the pubs down by you. our coach is planning on getting there around 12 so should have a fair bit of time to spare. should be a great match, your lads played some very nice football at our place earlier in the season. nice to hear your pitch is in good condition too, seems to be quite a few postponements at the moment, and looks like there may be a good few more. luckily for us we don't suffer from those anymore. i'll have to have a look at that thread too comrade p, it always seems to polarize views, though i'd have to admit, it seems there are more against than for. anyway, once again, thanks for the info and replies, see you on saturday.

Fantstone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down