Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dartford thread

5 posters

Go down

Dartford thread Empty Dartford thread

Post by LB Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:25 pm

I see from Dartford's twitter account that Saturday's game will now kick off at 12.30 because of the England game. I am sure our intrepid band of train travellers who probably bought their tickets well in advance won't mind if it really is 'coming home'! Very Happy

LB

Back to top Go down

Dartford thread Empty Re: Dartford thread

Post by comrade powell Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:31 pm

Unfortunately those who have already bought advance tickets aren't able to change the times meaning that some may not get to the game in time or will have a long wait for their return train from Paddington. A pity as I'd have enjoyed witnessing our long awaited first win at Princes Park...
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Newman Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:25 am

Advance ticket train travel is always a risky business once we are into the colder months alongside possible FA trophy impact. The world cup has added, however, another complication this season.

I appreciate that we are geographically out on a limb - but surely the fixture compiler could have considered that England might have been involved in a knock out game that would impact on fixtures and ensured that long distance away travel was avoided.

Judging by current conditions a 12.30 start could well fall foul of a cancellation.

Peter Newman

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:34 am

A fixture compiler who sends us to Hertfordshire on a Tuesday evening in December is not likely to take the World Cup into consideration. And the number of ‘local’ rivals in the relegation places suggest we might be even more out on a limb next season. Midweek games in Essex and Kent? However, we could get lucky with those coming up from SLP.

You’re right about buying advance tickets being a gamble. However when I bought mine in early October it always looked likely that England, with their weak group and likely next opponents, would be playing on Saturday evening. What I didn’t take into account was our afternoon fixture being changed for it.

Just hoping that the Bromley ko time is not changed as it could clash with England playing in the third place match…
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:23 pm

comrade powell wrote:A fixture compiler who sends us to Hertfordshire on a Tuesday evening in December is not likely to take the World Cup into consideration. And the number of ‘local’ rivals in the relegation places suggest we might be even more out on a limb next season. Midweek games in Essex and Kent? However, we could get lucky with those coming up from SLP.

You’re right about buying advance tickets being a gamble. However when I bought mine in early October it always looked likely that England, with their weak group and likely next opponents, would be playing on Saturday evening. What I didn’t take into account was our afternoon fixture being changed for it.

Just hoping that the Bromley ko time is not changed as it could clash with England playing in the third place match…

Isn't there also a potential clash on Tuesday as well if England make it to the semi final? Does seem ridiculous anyway that there are games in all three division just a few days before the next round of the Trophy.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:46 pm

LB wrote:
comrade powell wrote:A fixture compiler who sends us to Hertfordshire on a Tuesday evening in December is not likely to take the World Cup into consideration. And the number of ‘local’ rivals in the relegation places suggest we might be even more out on a limb next season. Midweek games in Essex and Kent? However, we could get lucky with those coming up from SLP.

Isn't there also a potential clash on Tuesday as well if England make it to the semi final? Does seem ridiculous anyway that there are games in all three division just a few days before the next round of the Trophy.

England would play on Wednesday.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Newman Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:56 am

The midweek fixtures are odd as the 4 matches with Farnborough and Hungerford are on Saturdays.
Anyway looking at the weather I suspect the chances of of the Dartford game taking place is only 50-50.

Peter Newman

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:13 pm

Dartford forum has their keeper as MOM in 'dire match'.
I like one wag's comment "they should have sent this game to Switzerland so it could die with dignity".
😄
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:09 pm

Watching the highlights very hard to believe we didn't win that - almost feels like two points dropped not one gained. Good to see Tom Smith back in the side and looking something like his old self.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down