Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Havant thread

+2
PHILB1973#
comrade powell
6 posters

Go down

Havant thread Empty Havant thread

Post by comrade powell Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:30 pm

Looks a tough test but Havant have lost their last two at home. One of our best away performances last season at a ground where wins are especially welcome!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Havant thread Empty Re: Havant thread

Post by PHILB1973# Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:53 pm

Only dropped one place tonight and Chelmsford losing helps us. The Havent away win was THE away performance of last season and after reading the amount of stick the manager got after the game on social media was surprised to see him survive.
PHILB1973#
PHILB1973#

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:44 pm

Probably our best performance so far in a very entertaining match. Considering the amount of pressure Havant applied in the last half hour it was probably a fair result but only the keeper’s great save from Wilson stopped us getting the three points.
comrade powell
comrade powell

pete mac likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:54 pm

Brilliant, high quality game. I’d say it was the right result but infuriating that it’s one lapse that’s cost us at the end. Strangely not as frustrated as I thought I’d be, we’ve had last minute joy at Eastbourne and Taunton already. I felt worse at the Hungerford winner which cost us one point than last night’s goal costing two. To play that well against a side of that calibre is exceptional and after last season’s capitulations against top sides it was a vast improvement.

More annoyed that the highlights are commentary free because of our issues. Really hope that doesn’t happen again but it’s simply unusable.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Beau Nash and pete mac like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Voutt Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:16 pm

How many yellow cards did Havant have given?

Cards are the one point of inbalance in our otherwise very good match reports.

Colin Voutt

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:40 pm

I wouldn't call it an imbalance Colin as a lot of people just want to read about the game rather than how many yellows were in it! I can't think of many that do include them, what do you need them for?  It's just a sideline statistic, I only record them in case someone gets another later on really and for us it's to see if they're close to five. I'm glad you're happy with the reports, if you aren't at a game our lot will always list the yellows at the time on radio unless it's a bit madcap. Otherwise I would message the National League and see if they can address this lack of info.

Anyway, the short answer is two.

The long answer is Ethan Burnett picked up a caution in the 50th minute for a tug back while City countered which concluded in Scott Wilson shooting wide. The referee played a good advantage before showing a florescent card of a yellow nature.

Jake McCarthy picked up a yellow in the 90th minute for upending Cody Cooke somewhere near halfway close to the Bath City dugout. McCarthy didn't appear to agree with it but accepted the decision and retreated to centre-back.

They might have picked up another somewhere while I was shouting at our mixer but I don't think they did.

PS I apologise for the sarcasm. I've had four hours sleep and have just spent two hours trying to rectify scratchy audio. The forum receives the brunt of my anger.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

comrade powell, Beau Nash and 2weirdtown like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:54 pm

You mention the Hungerford game and I had a similar premonition after that save from Wilson as I had when Fletcher went down. If there was a sod it would be his law.
Havant got the game going quickly at each breakdown and like you I thought some judicious subs would break it up a bit.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:00 pm

BenE wrote:You mention the Hungerford game and I had a similar premonition after that save from Wilson as I had when Fletcher went down. If there was a sod it would be his law.
Havant got the game going quickly at each breakdown and like you I thought some judicious subs would break it up a bit.

The Dyer sub in injury time allowed the ref to add time on. Fully expected JG to be apoplectic but seemed calm enough interview.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down