Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gary Lewis RIP

+3
Bath Princess
BenE
yuffie
7 posters

Go down

Gary Lewis RIP Empty Gary Lewis RIP

Post by yuffie Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:54 pm

I am sure many of you heard the sad news at the game this afternoon that long time City fan Gary Lewis passed away earlier this week.

Jimmer dedicated the win to him on Facebook and I can think of no more fitting tribute.

RIP Gazwaz.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Gary Lewis RIP Empty Re: Gary Lewis RIP

Post by BenE Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:08 am

I am quite shocked to hear this. Nice Bloke and a dedicated supporter.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Bath Princess Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:11 am

What a lovely chap and so pleased to have known him. Always gave sensible and balanced views on football and non football related matters. You will be sorely missed Gaz x

Bath Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by marquess of weston Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:15 am

I had the pleasure of knowing Gary through cricket and football he was an absolute diamond. Unbelievably sad news. He will be sorely missed by all that had the honour of knowing him. RIP Eddie

marquess of weston

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakebiteFernandez Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:02 pm

Wow, very sad and shocking news, RIP Gaz. Glad the team won in style for you yesterday

SnakebiteFernandez

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:24 pm

Such a top man and was gutted when Paul Williams phoned to tell me the news. I used to bump into Gaz now and again in Odd Down or at Sunday morning games. A true supporter who always had positive things to say about the club.

I'd love to have a tribute for him in Saturday's programme. If anyone would like to contribute please let me know.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:14 pm

Just logged onto the forum from Italy to read this dreadful news.  I only ever knew Gary through the forum, but his posts showed he was a passionate City fan who always talked a lot of sense.  I won't  deny that we sometimes disagreed and we had a couple of silly spats over the years. But an exchange of pms always put things right and we kept meaning to meet over a drink. I shall always regret never getting round to that.

RIP Gary - Bath City has lost a most loyal fan.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:25 pm

I think Gary's final forum post sums up his dedication to the club....

I've contacted about 15 businesses and have been very surprised at the positive response which I'm hoping will result in at least 3 contributions!

Last edited by comrade powell on Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by marquess of weston Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:52 am

Gary's funeral was on Wednesday and was packed out with many not able to get into the chapel. This shows Gary's popularity. His coffin was a Bath City one resplendent in Black and White stripes and club badges. There wasn't a dry eye in the place but there was a suitably humerous eulogy for the great man. On Saturday the Hampset Stella's will be in the Moore Stephens Lounge to celebrate Gary with a few bevvies and hopefully 3 points.

marquess of weston

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down