Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

six from six

+12
LB
London Calling
kermit
stillmanjunior
WARM PENQUIN
OliverH
pete mac
yuffie
Steve Whites Missus
2weirdtown
Beau Nash
BenE
16 posters

Go down

six from six Empty six from six

Post by BenE Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:38 pm

It is very exciting to be a bath city supporter at the moment. 5 _ 0 victories and top of the league. Woohoo.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

six from six Empty Re: six from six

Post by Beau Nash Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:57 pm

On a perfect pitch that would grace a palace garden party City started at great pace, stringing passes together and timing runs off the ball perfectly.  Havant had two good chances to score first half but didn't take them, City had three and scored two.  

After a quieter start to the second half where Havant were very much in the game City took the ascendancy and again showed that touch of class.

A performance to equal the Rovers Cup game, outstanding entertainment.
cheers
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:14 pm

Played like league leaders today.  Dave Pratt had a monster of a game.  Delightful City 2nd goal started by a piece of  trickery from Gallinagh.  The fact that he tried it shows to me there's confidence in the team.
Havant's shooting was woeful though.
Let's hope there's no slip up against the whipping boys on Monday.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:17 pm

Their number 6 is gonna be pretty miserable on the trip home. Pratt ran him ragged and forced him into numerous mistakes.
The game contained the goals we should have got at St. Albans.

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:33 pm

Their no.6 was as poor a player I've seen at this level for a while. Though even the best Connie South defenders would have struggled against Pratty and co. today.

I guess the main difference between today and the previous matches was that we were clinical in front of goal.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:03 pm

Yes the number 6 and the whole Club will feel they were well beaten today

Best 45 mins of skill and effort I have seen from a city team in years.

Really impressed with all bot Brad Williams and Baldwin caught my eye. But every Cith player a star.

Great support as well

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:13 pm

Agree about their no.6 but I liked their no.2, best player for Havant.  

Andy Watkins had his best game for a long time of the ones I have seen, worried their defence just like Pratty.

I think the main difference between today and the other two home games is that we played with pace and precision from the start and maintained it for 90% of the game. Magnificent.
 Basketball
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by OliverH Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:14 pm

Best I've seen for years. It's like they realised they had permission to play like they were top of the table!
OliverH
OliverH

Back to top Go down

Post by WARM PENQUIN Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:31 pm

Entertaining football played on the deck. I thought Pratty well earned his MOM and the composure at the back was great to see.
Sept fixtures look really tough so if we are still in top five at the end of Sept then I for one will be delighted.

WARM PENQUIN

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:34 pm

I'm guessing their number six had a similar preparation to the game as mine last night when I think I drank my bodyweight in alcohol.

When I was sent their pen-pics I wasn't even sure we should be allowed on the same pitch as them given how much they were praised. Nice revenge on the two dreadful defeats against them last season and one of the most complete home performances I've seen for some team. Brilliant attendance as well.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:39 pm

Yes...a great day at Twerton Park. My last home game for a while, great to see so many happy faces. Looking forward to Monday. A win would make my ferry back very enjoyable. A bientot.
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by London Calling Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:52 pm

Best 45 mins of skill and effort I have seen from a city team in years. wrote:

Agreed. That brilliant nutmeg from Gallinagh on the wing for the second summed up just how much confidence the boys must be playing with at the moment. We pressed them so well in their own half they just never got a chance to settle.

More of the same please on Monday!

London Calling

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:40 pm

stillmanjunior wrote:I'm guessing their number six had a similar preparation to the game as mine last night when I think I drank my bodyweight in alcohol.

When I was sent their pen-pics I wasn't even sure we should be allowed on the same pitch as them given how much they were praised. Nice revenge on the two dreadful defeats against them last season and one of the most complete home performances I've seen for some team. Brilliant attendance as well.

How did their radio crew take it?

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:06 pm

Not so well - one of the presenters was one out from winning the second prize in Matchday Draw, instead the money went to me Smile

They said that whilst Havant were inept they were impressed by us, and said it was a suitable revenge after the disaster last year.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:03 pm

One of the most complete performances I have seen for a long time. Most important period of game was probably first 10 to 15 minutes of second half, when it was important we didn't concede. Once we 'weathered the storm' (such as it was) and got the third goal result was never in doubt. Really good to see us finish a team off.

Agree about the Havant no 6 - can't think I have seen too many poorer players than him.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by the demon headmaster Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:39 am

Simply sublime performance. They must be glad they spent so much on that team. Where were the Havant fans?

the demon headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:14 am

the demon headmaster wrote:Simply sublime performance. They must be glad they spent so much on that team. Where were the Havant fans?

I assume there was one there who shouted 'C'mon you reds' as the minute silence started. Moron.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:26 am

When I saw their number 6 trundling up for a corner, I was concerned that we didn't have a Chas or Nick to shadow him. However, he was dreadful. To be fair, he made a couple of good balls out of defence in the second half but a 'mare of a match for him and the rest of their defence. Not a bad side really and looked dangerous going forward before our second.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:59 am

From the official H&W website.....surely it couldn't have been the same player?!!

Saturday, August 29, 2015
Manny Monthe has put pen to paper on a one year contract. Since the former QPR U21 defender has been thrown into the starting 11 due to the increasing injury list, Manny has impressed with dominating displays against Margate, Hayes and Oxford. Bradbury was keen to sign the defender up to warn off other potential clubs.
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:04 am

I think the whole defence was woeful. They stood like statues for the first and Watkins second and their number five seemed to think it was his job to foul off the ball as often as possible.

Their strikers missed some absolute sitters as well.

Having said that we played like a team at the top which was great to see. Glad to see Pratty rediscover his scoring boots.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:31 pm

So pleased that my absence didn't put a jinx on the excellent start to the season. After suffering so many abject performances against that soulless club, it would have been good to witness that thrashing. All the best to the team tomorrow - I hope there's a great turnout by City fans.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:51 pm

It was a truly dominant performance Martin against a truly soulless club. Less than 10 glum looking fans in the bar. A bloke welcoming their players saying to each 'play well' and what followed was a total pummelling.

They did film the game so we can enjoy it over and over again on You Tube

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveS Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:10 am

During the first half in particular some of the passing and movement was the best I have seen from a Bath City side for a long time. It left Havent literally chasing shadows at times.
Good to see Andy Watkins looking to be back at something like his best along with the tireless Dave Pratt.

SteveS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum