Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This season's programme

+6
Luton Roman
Ashley
thomasmaxbaer
yuffie
Mark Tanner
stillmanjunior
10 posters

Go down

This season's programme Empty This season's programme

Post by stillmanjunior Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:48 pm

It has become apparent for me recently that I'm going to have real difficulty continuing in this role as I'm starting an Access Course in a few weeks. From what I've heard this will be quite demanding, and on top of working as well (which is also ludicrously hectic at the moment), something has to give. Unfortunately it looks like that'll have to be the programme from September onwards.

The only way I'll be able to stick with it at some extent is if a number of (reliable) people are able to assist. Basically I have things like club histories/charts in place and can update these each game as it should only take an hour or so. The problem arises when, like the first programme, there's a lot of written content. I can't take on these deadlines when my course starts as one thing will suffer. I'd rather I excel in one thing than be mediocre in two. And could do without the stress in all honesty.

A couple have already offered to help, but what I really need is assistance with the following:
One hit wonders - a series of articles about players who've made one appearance for City before departing. I have a list of players written up and Adam Matravers will be writing some of these, but if the whole thing is covered that'd be a weight off my mind.

This week in... - this is looking back at what was happening in non-league in a certain year. I was going to look through a load of old non-league directories if I have a chance (unlikely at the moment) but if anyone else thinks they'd be good at this let me know.

Any other original articles would be welcome. I loathe copying ones from the Internet or using those from the NLP or anything like that. I'd personally rather spend an hour or so writing something original instead of lifting a piece of writing which appears in several other programmes. I'm happy to forward ideas on what to write about as I have a few stored up for various games.

I don't mean to preach but it's got to the point where I need to put other things into priority. I love editing the programme but it can be very time consuming and unfortunately I need to make other things my priority for now.

Send me a PM

PS - If the Bid succeeds and they're willing to pay me £30k a year, I'll ditch Wessex and the course and will stay on.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

This season's programme Empty Re: This season's programme

Post by Mark Tanner Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:10 pm

Give me a couple of 'One hit wonders' Stillman, could be fun to write about them!

Also bounce some of your ideas about original content to me and I'll give it a go.

You do a cracking job with the programme and it would be a real shame to lose you from that role due to a lack of help.
Mark Tanner
Mark Tanner

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:34 pm

I'm happy to do some of the one hit wonders and This Week in .... articles.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by thomasmaxbaer Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:49 pm

I wouldn't mind doing the best of three feature if you are still running that

thomasmaxbaer

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:55 pm

Cheers for the messages, guys. Whatever happens I'll make sure it's in good hands.

Thomas - many thanks for the offer, but I've amended this page to a different sort of player interview. I'm ok to still do these as it only takes 15 minutes or so.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by thomasmaxbaer Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:11 pm

Oh ok thanks. Maybe the road to wembley then?

thomasmaxbaer

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:01 pm

Sure, that'll be good. The plan was to cover the FA Trophy this season. Once we have a team chosen (flatmate and I going to decide this via a game of darts...) I'll be in touch. Don't think it starts for a few weeks.

Thanks!
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:00 pm

I can help with the odd article Mark, if you send me a subject or something I'll have a bash!

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:37 am

Do like the cover with 'City' in the top left corner, very powerful.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:56 am

That's all Simon's work, I think it looks fantastic.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:42 pm

Can't really help, Mark, but just wanted to say good luck with the Access course. I was lucky enough to do one full-time before my degree a couple of years ago and, assuming it is the same, highly recommend it.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:03 am

Quick question - would anyone be able to help cover the Match Facts page? If you saw yesterday's programme it's basically another way to list the match report. All I did with Whitehawk, which I didn't attend, was copy the updates from things like Twitter. That's all anyone would need to do, it's just quick updates plus the other bits.

If it gets to the point where enough people cover some of the regular articles I might be able to stick around. I didn't want to be left in the position to delegate most tasks but no real choice!
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:01 am

Thanks to all those who have helped with several articles, has made life easier. With the early cup exits and relatively spread out home games means I should be ok to see out the season.

However next year I'll be starting at Uni and I won't be able to take it on again. If anyone is interested in the role give me a shout - I think I've given plenty of notice!

Cheers
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:08 am

Would you like me to ask Lord Bear?
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:21 pm

A real loss Mark as the programmes are excellent.

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:37 pm

Someone has messaged me offering to take it on next season. I'm happy to still do a page or two but the whole thing is too much. Sending it all off is what takes the longest time. Relieved there isn't a chance of any more replays (three in under a year was a killer) and unless there's a lot of postponements it should be pretty much plain sailing until April.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by HerefordRoman Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:19 pm

Mark - I would certainly be interested in providing articles when i can.

HerefordRoman

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:42 am

Moving this back to the top. The person who offered to take it on unfortunately can no longer edit next season. If anyone else is interested please let me know.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down