Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The beginning of Twerton Park 1930s

2 posters

Go down

The beginning of Twerton Park 1930s Empty The beginning of Twerton Park 1930s

Post by Mark Tanner Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:05 pm

Hi all,

I've been sitting on some historical articles which I think have featured in the programmes this season. The first one is online now

http://www.mtannersports.com/75-years-at-twerton-park-part-1/

It looks at the story of Ted Davis and the beginnings of Twerton Park. The article is written by JP and there are 2 more instalments of the history of Twerton Park and some others looking at famous matches over the years.

I'd like to put a challenge out there to other potential writers though...

I've only been watching Bath week in week out since 2001/02 but over those 14 years there have been some cracking games which has created some of our modern history. I'd love to see some of you create your own match day experiences from those games. The articles don't have to be long and they can be pieced together more like a quote with others if you prefer. I'm thinking games like the Grimsby FA Cup game, Worcester away, Dover away 3-3, winning the Southern League at Yate, Woking in the play offs and even some narrow defeats.

Have a think about it, but it'll be great to have some more 'classic' City games covered and featured for potentially 100s of people to read. Anything to help promote the club in this current time where we need Bath City in people's minds.

I'd write them all myself but time won't allow it and I'm my own worse critic when it comes to writing about City!

Looking forward to any responses to this!
Mark Tanner
Mark Tanner

Back to top Go down

The beginning of Twerton Park 1930s Empty Yes

Post by pete mac Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:42 am

Mark, I am struggling for time to write at the moment but I did write a big piece about my life as a Bath City fan a few years ago. I'll copy it to you to use as you please. It's got a lot of old pictures and memorabilia in it.

Pete

pete mac

Back to top Go down

The beginning of Twerton Park 1930s Empty Re: The beginning of Twerton Park 1930s

Post by Mark Tanner Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:49 am

That would be great Pete, it's important to keep Bath City in people's minds at the moment.
Mark Tanner
Mark Tanner

Back to top Go down

The beginning of Twerton Park 1930s Empty memory stick

Post by pete mac Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:16 am

Mark, its all on a memory stick. I can pass to you at the Sutton game.

pete mac

Back to top Go down

The beginning of Twerton Park 1930s Empty Re: The beginning of Twerton Park 1930s

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down