Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gloucester City FAT - Sunday 30 November ko 3pm

+7
pete mac
Beau Nash
Dave
tigerroar
stillmanjunior
comrade powell
yuffie
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Gloucester City FAT - Sunday 30 November ko 3pm - Page 2 Empty Re: Gloucester City FAT - Sunday 30 November ko 3pm

Post by tigerroar Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:21 pm

https://youtu.be/YcQWePOhCx0

And

'how much longer is this bloody game going on?'

That's what I was thinking!

tigerroar

Back to top Go down

Gloucester City FAT - Sunday 30 November ko 3pm - Page 2 Empty Re: Gloucester City FAT - Sunday 30 November ko 3pm

Post by Beau Nash Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:38 am

comrade powell wrote:Much too far to walk for most of ours!

It is only 0.5 miles, so only 10 minutes, on the Google maps walking route from the ground - http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186284-d1940717-Reviews-Kemble_Brewery_Inn-Cheltenham_Cotswolds_England.html#REVIEWS - Free food after the game!  Basketball

Hope to see tigerroar, Gloucester doggy and many others there.
 drunken
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:57 am

Out of interest, why would you consider driving a total of over 100 miles to watch a trophy game when you don't travel less than 2 to watch us at home?
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:54 pm

It is an eighty five mile round journey to Cheltenham and, as you know, away days are an enjoyable day out;  the magic of the Cup...which may well be the last chance to keep the season (and maybe the Club too  Crying or Very sad ) alive.  I don't think we are consistent enough to get in the play offs.

I don't drive to Twerton Park, I walk.
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:27 pm

Thank you for not answering my question! Anyway, in the unlikely event those on the coach get to that pub, you can tell us how talks with the billionaires are going. I'm intrigued to find out who they are...
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:03 pm

comrade powell wrote:Thank you for not answering my question! Anyway, in the unlikely event  those on the coach get to that pub, you can tell us how talks with the billionaires are going. I'm intrigued to find out who they are...

What part of your question didn't I answer?

Wild horses won't drag the identities out of me.

Not that I have to justify anything but to answer you more fully I have been to at least nine games:
HOME 5 - Swansea, Whitehawk, Poole, Shortwood, Gosport. Two Draws, Three losses. Crying or Very sad
AWAY 4 - Larkhall Ath, Yate, Radstock, Shortwood. FOUR Wins.   Very Happy

As I have said many times football is in the entertainment business and Saturdays especially there are plenty of other events which give better entertainment and value for money.  To answer your other long standing query...Kerslakesport coverage makes NO difference to my attendance at Twerton Park.  I have a passion for National Hunt racing and there are a lot of big meetings on Saturdays (come on Fingal Bay), so I can follow a lot of sports from home including Bath rugby.
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:30 pm

Just 2 league matches out of those 9 - glory seeker!

I'm not asking you to justify your intention to attend tomorrow's game - good for you - simply bemused that anyone would drive such a distance yet prefer to follow other sports which coincide with matches much closer to home.

If you refuse to identify your well heeled friends, why mention them in the first place?

See you tomorrow...
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:23 pm

So, Gloucester City have confirmed the admission prices as £12 Adults, £6 Concessions and Under 18's free of charge. As we get a share of the gate I assume we must have agreed to freebies for under 18's. I'm not sure whether it might boost the take or diminish it. Anyone got a view?
I think Rob's billionaire mates are 17 year olds you made their fortune designing computer software, so they may well turn up for a freebie and you'll be able to meet them Pinkeye.
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2