Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ambitions....

+3
Marc Monitor
2weirdtown
bonzodog
7 posters

Go down

Ambitions.... Empty Ambitions....

Post by bonzodog Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:56 pm

Watching the cup match on tv, Warrington's chairman said his aim is to get the club in the football league. Often wonder what Bath Citys ambitions are?

bonzodog

Back to top Go down

Ambitions.... Empty Re: Ambitions....

Post by 2weirdtown Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:17 pm

Always been about the same. Just taking rather a long time.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:39 pm

The only ambition must be getting ourselves established in the Conference and maintaining our position there. By doing that, we become a slightly different club and, as such, can look at our ambitions again.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:15 pm

Although I don't look forward to returning to that awful set up, you're absolutely right!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:24 pm

I am in no hurry either but, it seems, we will only get the attendances we need by getting there. I am, however, wary of such guarantees.

The only way to run a club anyway is, after promotion, to budget as if it is still in the league below until it has established itself for a couple of seasons in the higher league and the attendances are consistent.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Roman Mike Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:09 pm

Ambition in itself is not worth much. The words (the 'what') is easy. Its the 'how' that is more interesting. I want Bath City to win the Champions League in 2021 = the 'what'. Ambitious enough for you?
Roman Mike
Roman Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:41 pm

The "to be in the Football League" is just a standard answer from these non-league teams when they have their moment in the spotlight. Fair play to Warrington but I expect the likes of Chasetown, Canvey Island and many others I can't be bothered to list to name have always said "we play to be in the Football League in x number of years" after a microphone is thrown in front of them.

That said at least the interview gave a minute or two away from the incredibly irritating Robbie Savage.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcnulty Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:48 pm

stillmanjunior wrote: at least the interview gave a minute or two away from the incredibly irritating Robbie Savage.
Ha, very true. I am all for enthusiasm but he sounded like an excitable toddler going to his first ever game.

Mcnulty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum