Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hornchurch game

5 posters

Go down

Hornchurch game Empty Hornchurch game

Post by comrade powell Sat Oct 19, 2024 8:21 pm

I hoped the 0-0 at Tonbridge would be the worst game of the season but today’s match surpassed it for lack of entertainment, excitement and skilful football. Hopefully there is at least someone in this squad who can start scoring regularly as we cannot keep relying on our excellent keeper. His brilliant save in the last minute was quite heroic.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Beau Nash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Hornchurch game Empty Re: Hornchurch game

Post by Peter Newman Sat Oct 19, 2024 11:01 pm

I suppose the only plus point is that we have discovered   there are enough  teams no better than ourselves. The annoying thing today was the last gasp save came following our losing possession from our throw-in at an attacking position.

Peter Newman

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sun Oct 20, 2024 10:42 am

Unfortunately we have been relying on a couple of prolific scorers for a long time now. The contribution from the rest of the squad has been poor and now has become critical.
Every goalkeeper we play has his easiest game of the season as even when we have a shot it doesn't trouble them.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Oct 20, 2024 10:53 am

While agreeing with Peter that there’s going to be quite a lot of competition for the four relegation places, I think our home games (whenever they’re played) are going to be vital if we’re going to be safe. I thought there were promising signs at Salisbury, Aldershot and Chesham but yesterday’s was as poor or worse than the early season away games. We seem to take so long to get started with little urgency shown. We visit another struggling team next Saturday which looks like an excellent opportunity (along with Tuesday’s game) to put distance between ourselves and the bottom two.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Sun Oct 20, 2024 11:39 am

The next two games against the bottom two sides really should give a measure of where we are likely to be for the rest of the season - Weymouth have scored even less than us! With the table being fairly tight still, if we were to win both we could find ourselves nearer halfway, but if not we will be looking over our shoulder, although I still think the squad we have, even minus Smith and now Clark, is too good to be involved in a relegation battle.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Yesterday at 2:33 pm

Been a bleak season so far with Injuries, lack of Saturday home fixtures and Aldershot winner in 98th minute. With a thin squad we can't afford this rigmarole amount of injuries. We are going to struggle for goals unless we can get a Semenyo or Zamora loan like before. Losing JT to Cheltenham, Cooke to Torquay and having Clark and Wilson injured we are never going to hit last seasons attacking excitement. Bright points are we still have a solid back 4 and a world class keeper. Next 2 games are big. We always have fight and spirit and that's all I personally ask. Of course we all dream of last seasons attacking class but We can't keep players like JT and Cooke unfortunately and they nearly impossible to replace with the same quality. Well done to JT for finally starting a game for Cheltenham and scoring twice on Saturday. Bring on the Terras. UTC.
Paul1978
Paul1978

comrade powell, Beau Nash and 2weirdtown like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down