Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cup Final

4 posters

Go down

The Cup Final Empty The Cup Final

Post by City 'til we're relegated Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:02 am

Does anyone know where the Somerset Cup Final is being held. I thought it was at Weston Super Mare but it is not shown on their website. It is not listed on Bath City fixtures. Also, Yeovil Town seem to think they are hosting it.

https://gloverscast.co.uk/somerset-fa-confirm-premier-cup-schedule/

City 'til we're relegated

Back to top Go down

The Cup Final Empty Re: The Cup Final

Post by City 'til we're relegated Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:21 pm

Sorted. I rang Somerset FA and they said they had moved the final from yeovil to WSM.

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:50 pm

The Somerset FA posted on Twitter and Facebook a couple of weeks ago that it would be at Weston on 2nd May. I pointed out to them that that is the same week as the NLS playoff Eliminator Round and asked why it had been moved from Yeovil. They said that if City make the playoffs the date will be changed, but wouldn't say why it had been moved from Yeovil to Weston.

I was pretty sure that last season they said that they had come to an agreement with Yeovil that it would be played there for the next couple of seasons at least - on the night of the semi-final Frome tweeted that the winners were playing for a trip to Yeovil in the final so clearly nobody had told them about the change.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by City 'til we're relegated Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:02 pm

No indication of the final on the Somerset FA website, just mentioned upcoming semi-finals. Not shown on City's website either.

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:35 pm

No mention on Weston’s website as far as I can see, but does appear on Paulton’s although it doesn’t mention the venue. Perhaps there is still time for common sense to prevail and it be played either at Twerton or Paulton as I am sure that would generate a bigger crowd than at Weston.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:09 pm

Well the SC are taking bookings for Weston so that coach trip could turn into a Magical Mystery Tour!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:54 pm

It wouldn't be the first time that a coach to WsM has gone on a tour for a non-game, the tip to Gordano services was a particularly memorable one after another late postponement!

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down