Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Match at Twerton Park today

+5
SteveBradley
caldred
RUDI GULITS
Dodgycarpet
Dave
9 posters

Go down

Match at Twerton Park today Empty Match at Twerton Park today

Post by Dave Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:39 am

Supporters game at Twerton Park this afternoon. If anyone would like to come and see 30 odd of your fellow City faithful make arses of themselves, kick off is at 1pm and Charlie's will be open from 12:15pm Admittance is free

Dave

Back to top Go down

Match at Twerton Park today Empty Re: Match at Twerton Park today

Post by Dodgycarpet Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:27 am

Good luck everyone. Would have loved to be back And have a post 50 yrs old amble around the TP pitch. Maybe even touching the ball...

Dodgycarpet

Back to top Go down

Post by RUDI GULITS Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:32 pm

good day had by all
some are gonna suffer tomorrow
my legs already getting stiff
looks like im gonna be jumping out of bed tonight with cramp
RUDI GULITS
RUDI GULITS

Back to top Go down

Post by caldred Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:41 pm

Had a great time playing on the pitch, thoroughly enjoyed the whole day. Well organised and well done to everyone involved.

Yellow number 9.

caldred

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveBradley Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:40 am

Someone snuck into my bedroom last night and swapped the blood in my legs for molten lead....

A hugely enjoyable game played in very good spirits. And no slide-tackles, so the pitch got off lightly....  Very Happy

Well done to the organisers and all who played. Same time next Sunday....? Very Happy

Black No 15.

SteveBradley

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:03 pm

Well done doe the organisation, Palms and to everyone who played. I don't what's wrong with you all, I feel fine <cough>

Yellow no.5
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:44 pm

Thank you everyone for participating, really pleased it went well, massively enjoyable day.
Andy Weeks rang this morning to thank you all on behalf of the football club, over the course of the day we raised over £550 for the club from the match and in the clubhouse after.
Thank you Andy for letting us all live the dream, and thank you Andrew Pierce for making sure we had a superb surface to play on, freshly mown and watered that morning, and Foz for the use of the City strips. Thank you to the guys working in Charlie's for putting on food for us all after. Thanks to the guys that volunteered to officiate, James Rampton for reffing despite sunstroke from a match the previous day, and Mark Brookes, Paul Akers and Dave Stafford for running the lines. Thanks Mark Edwards, Dave and Pat Stafford for managing the teams, thanks Chris Reed for helping to get everything ready on the day, and thanks Tom Davis for a cracking job on the P.A in the press box. Thank you to everybody that came to watch, and everybody that played out an enjoyable and entertaining game in great spirit. I've probably missed people I should thank, apologies if so, body and mind are a bit worn today.
Anyroad, weddun stripes. Can't wait to do this again some time.

A couple of you asked for a copy of the team sheet yesterday, it's here for anyone that would like it.

Last edited by Palms on Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:46 pm

To raise such a sum is an excellent effort - well done to everyone involved!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:53 pm

..and thanks again to you, Dave.

£550 is awesome.

By the way, if there is a man of the match, I reckon Reedy, Paul Hill or Rollo (? Stripes' no. 9)
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Tanner Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:44 pm

My vote would go to Reedy, had our back line worrying with those through balls and charged down everything in the middle of the park!

Great amount of money raised there, pleased to be a part of it! Still fuming about hitting the underside of the bar though...

Stripes number 17
Mark Tanner
Mark Tanner

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:08 pm

Nice one palms, great organisation and extremely fun day with great spirit. I'm still acheing now and can barely walk !!! Calfs are killing. Hopefully more freindlies this season for the supporters team.
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down