Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dulwich 3 City 0

+8
Peter Newman
BenE
stillmanjunior
threeday week
2weirdtown
comrade powell
the demon headmaster
Luton Roman
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dulwich 3 City 0 - Page 2 Empty Re: Dulwich 3 City 0

Post by SteveBradley Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:48 pm

Peter Newman wrote:I think a large part of the attraction seemed to be  the ability to have a drink  during the game. If that is the case then Dulwich could well face problems in the future. I assume they want to gain promotion so not sure how this would pan out in the National league particularly when some of the big ex-league clubs turn up.
One of the previous posts mentioned people being locked out. Surely Dulwich need to make games all ticket in which case there would need to offer an allocation to the away team. Plus there would need to be some form of segregation which would seem difficult in the ground as it stands.

They sell tickets online, but for some reason cap that and sell the rest (400 on Saturday) on the day. I don't know if they're trying to be fair to those who don't have access to the internet, but given the likely age of that diminishing cohort neither is making them turn up a couple of hours before KO to get their hands on a ticket with no readmission allowed, or otherwise risk not getting one at all.

I think Champion Hill could teechnically be segregated, as there are two different ways in. It would eat into their capacity a lot though.

SteveBradley

Back to top Go down

Dulwich 3 City 0 - Page 2 Empty Re: Dulwich 3 City 0

Post by Pink Panther Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:24 am

comrade powell wrote:
Pink Panther wrote:
The pub was Hooper's (formerly the Ivanhoe) in Ivanhoe Road, sadly closed in December 2012 and converted to housing.

Along with The Wagon & Horses at Halesowen and The Mermaid at St Albans that was one of my favourite pubs on the non league circuit.
I had a couple of celebratory post-match pints at the Mermaid after an epic 4-3 win on Tuesday night. It’s always been a superb pub in the 30 years or so since my first visit.

SteveBradley wrote:
South London Road City wrote:Fascinating to read through some of the posts on the Dulwich forum about the large crowds. I remember watching City play Fisher Athletic at Champion Hill in the 00s and there was less than a hundred people in the ground.

Fisher are still getting sh!t crowds nowadays at their new home
They’re three divisions lower now and generally get 150-200. That’s very respectable for a mid-table county league side. It’s a very tight ground and there isn’t much scope to improve it to play at a higher level

SteveBradley wrote:
Peter Newman wrote:I think a large part of the attraction seemed to be  the ability to have a drink  during the game. If that is the case then Dulwich could well face problems in the future. I assume they want to gain promotion so not sure how this would pan out in the National league particularly when some of the big ex-league clubs turn up.
One of the previous posts mentioned people being locked out. Surely Dulwich need to make games all ticket in which case there would need to offer an allocation to the away team. Plus there would need to be some form of segregation which would seem difficult in the ground as it stands.

They sell tickets online, but for some reason cap that and sell the rest (400 on Saturday) on the day. I don't know if they're trying to be fair to those who don't have access to the internet, but given the likely age of that diminishing cohort neither is making them turn up a couple of hours before KO to get their hands on a ticket with no readmission allowed, or otherwise risk not getting one at all.

I think Champion Hill could technically be segregated, as there are two different ways in. It would eat into their capacity a lot though.  
If you make games all ticket you have to offer the away club 20% of the tickets as per league rules, which in Hamlet's case is about 650 tickets. (It's a lower percentage for FA competition matches.)

There have been three all ticket matches, most recently a televised FA Cup tie against Carlisle two years ago which was segregated mainly to make certain there were no problems in front of the nation's media and all Carlisle's games are segregated anyway. There was a league match in April the previous season against Woking, who were chasing promotion in the penultimate game of the season, which we were advised to segregate due to them having an idiot element but there was still a bar in their section. (They returned some unsold tickets.) There was also a league match against Maidstone in April 2015 when they needed a result to be champions, which sold out, and they were given 900 tickets from a total of 3,000. (Our crowds were mostly around 1,500 at the time.) There was no segregation for that one, no aggro, and the away fans had a "friendly" pitch invasion after the final whistle to celebrate with their players after getting the draw they needed.

When there is segregation the away supporters get the covered terrace plus the open area between there and the corner with the turnstile block. Heras fencing is used to secure the area.

Pink Panther

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2