Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City 1 Dartford 3

+2
Peter Newman
tovid
6 posters

Go down

City 1 Dartford 3 Empty City 1 Dartford 3

Post by tovid Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:11 pm

Lively game and we gave it a good crack but missed a hat full of chances and gifted them a couple.
I thought a back three gave us more options in midfield but neither Batten nor Gerring looked comfortable and Freer was horribly exposed.
Clarkey saved us a couple of times from a score line that would have looked harsh but we are not solid defensively
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

City 1 Dartford 3 Empty Re: City 1 Dartford 3

Post by Peter Newman Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:02 pm

Dissapointing today.
Only comments are:-
a) Thought Francois showed his potential as he had the Dartford left back  really struggling to match his pace.
b)  Why does it always need two players to take a free kick around the opposition penalty area
and
(c) Was Ryan Clarke really man of the match

Peter Newman

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Voutt Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:20 pm

Peter Newman wrote:Dissapointing today.
(c) Was Ryan Clarke really man of the match
I have to agree. Ryan did well, but there were two or three other who had a claim.

Colin Voutt

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:50 pm

I don’t like to be overly critical but I was close to not announcing that MOTM. They were an Oxfordshire based company and maybe friends of Ryan so it was probably decided before the game had even started. Lot of time for Ryan and he’s deserved MOTM on numerous occasions but I felt like an idiot reading that out. I’m not saying I always agree with the choices but there is some substance behind them and he didn’t do much wrong today, but to say he was our best player was way off the mark.

If I receive anything like that again I’m muttering it when the players walk off after. For what it’s worth I gave our best player in the NLP to Francois.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:21 pm

I never understand why people get so worked up about MOTM. It’s a perk for those who sponsor the game - part of the package they receive includes a photo with the player they have nominated. If they pay their money to help the Club they can choose who they want. I remember the time a few of us sponsored a game and chose Partridge. He was one of the subs, came off the bench and scored, changing the result.

I believe there’s going to be a new Player of the Month award organised via the newsletter which will give fans their opportunity to vote.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:58 am

They could have asked for a pic of Ryan regardless, he's more than accommodating. Plus I forgot to stick to my rule of if a GK is MOTM it shouldn't be announced until after, think it was Glyn Garner who said he felt like could curse them if they suddenly spill something last minute. But same goes for any player, we could have one balloon a penalty or whatever.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:43 am

Hopefully Wood will be back next game
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by tovid Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:48 am

I didn't think picking Ryan was unreasonable. I thought he had no chance with the first and third goals. He commanded his area well and pulled off a couple of tremendous saves.
There would have been worse picks.
tovid
tovid

comrade powell likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down