Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Code of Conduct

4 posters

Go down

Code of Conduct Empty Code of Conduct

Post by stowford press Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:13 pm

Does anybody know the background on this?

My initial reaction is to think it is a massive waste of time. I hope the club didn't spend any precious money on this!!

The points outlined within it are the basics of common sense. Are Bath City fans that rude and indecent that the club felt compelled to publish something like this?

Or am I losing my mind in this woke world!?

stowford press

Back to top Go down

Code of Conduct Empty Re: Code of Conduct

Post by Guest Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:37 pm

Don't know the background but assume it comes from a good place.

I guess the tricky bit is where you draw the line e. g. I don't think any city fans are genuinely going to "do the b*stards over" next time we play yeovile but we've been chanting that for 30(?) years and is part of our fan culture

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:49 pm

Stowford, I assume that your post is in response to yesterday's item in the Club Newsletter. To introduce the code it stated...

Bath City has published a new Supporters Code of Conduct that it asks supporters to follow home and away from Twerton Park. The Code is intended to make everyone feel welcome at our ground and around our fans on their travels, while of course understanding that passion for the team is intrinsic to football. We know that our fans are among the very best in the league and hope you'll join us in supporting this initiative.

The above was the view of the Club's Board in drawing it up. In light of problems at matches both abroad and in the UK we simply wanted a brief statement which conveyed what it felt was acceptable and unacceptable.

Try a Google search on this and you'll find that codes of conduct for supporters are quite common. All clubs have to display ground regulations as they are a League requirement. However they are generic and some are not particularly relevant to Twerton Park.

Those of us who drew it up certainly took some time but don’t consider it wasted! And as for expense, just the cost of printing off a few for displaying at the ground. It’s also reproduced in the programme and on the Club’s website.

I hope this puts your mind at rest – if not, please contact me separately at...

martin.powell@bathcityfootballclub.co.uk
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodgycarpet Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:35 pm

Importantly it's for the bath public who aren't regulars to see a well, let's them know it's safe to take their kids etc

Dodgycarpet

Back to top Go down

Post by tovid Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:15 am

Agreed Dodgy it is important for the club to announce what it is about and keep reinforcing that. I think a lot of people who have never been to TP would be surprised what a friendly place it is and what a good matchday experience it is.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum