Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dulwich Hamlet

5 posters

Go down

Dulwich Hamlet Empty Dulwich Hamlet

Post by LB Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:23 pm

Interesting line up today - Harvey in goal, 5 loanees in the team and Brunt, Watkins and Stearn on the bench.

LB

Back to top Go down

Dulwich Hamlet Empty Re: Dulwich Hamlet

Post by LB Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:49 pm

1-0 up at half time - one of the loanees, Chilvers, scored the goal.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:55 pm

Great result today - from second half commentary sounds like we were well worth it.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by tovid Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:15 pm

We had a very young side out there today so they have done very well. Glad Wiles-Richards was given a chance but we are probably up to the limit with loanees. Back to the good old days when Stearn makes a 2 minute appearance.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:17 pm

Gutsy performance by the City boys today and they were well worth the win. Harvey Wiles Richards whose name is too long so he hasn't got a song excelled when called upon and JG needn't go looking if we need a Clarke replacement pro tem. Defence did their job and only a bit of carelessness cost us a goal. Otherwise a solid performance with Frankie again showing the art of a defensive midfielder and Tom Smith being a key player in all things going forward.  Great opportunistic strike for the first, calm 1on 1 finish for the 2nd by Pearson and clever work by Brunt laid the 3rd on a plate for Smith.
City support was loud and proud, especially during the wettest 1st half watching City I can recall for a long time, and players and fans deserved the mutual acclaim at the end.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:00 pm

First game I'd seen since the capitulation at Billericay in the cup.

What a difference. As soon as we conceded in that game, you could tell we would collapse. Had it not been for Clarke that day it would have been double figures. This time, they recovered from the setback, netted a lovely second and were pretty comfortable.

Setback is a key word this season. Have we had a single match where someone hasn't dropped out late on? Jerry might as well not plan a team until half an hour before kick-off. To be as high as we are despite the constant reshuffling is excellent and I'm glad I'm around to watch the next two. I've missed it a lot.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Notters Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:03 pm

A great game, great performance and great result. It was good to see the all the player (inc. loanees) show their quality in difficult conditions. Didn't think Dulwich were a bad side, from what I saw and remember. Onwards and upwards.

Notters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down