Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The annual who do we want to win the play offs thread....

+3
stillmanjunior
Dave
comrade powell
7 posters

Go down

The annual who do we want to win the play offs thread.... Empty The annual who do we want to win the play offs thread....

Post by comrade powell Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:11 pm

Or more to the point, who don't we want to face next season? Dartford, Chelmsford, Hampton, Hemel, Braintree or Truro?

As far as away trips are concerned, Chelmsford and Truro are my least favourite and as we always seem to be scheduled to visit them midweek I'll go for Truro.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

The annual who do we want to win the play offs thread.... Empty Re: The annual who do we want to win the play offs thread....

Post by Dave Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:21 pm

Braintree.

Dave

Back to top Go down

The annual who do we want to win the play offs thread.... Empty Re: The annual who do we want to win the play offs thread....

Post by stillmanjunior Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:55 pm

Tough one. I'd be most gutted if Hemel went up as the food is decent, easy enough to get to etc.

I wouldn't be too disappointed to lose Braintree, Chelmsford or Truro. First two because with Billericay up we have enough trips to Essex. Truro because the journey seems to get longer every year and they don't have any electricity for when we do the radio.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:38 pm

Braintree
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:42 pm

Agreed. Awful place.

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:08 am

No real preference with any of them. I guess if Truro went up then it would give us a chance of getting Torquay over Christmas/New Year rather than midweek. So, come on Truro.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:53 am

Well I won't be joining you for that bracing walk along the prom if that comes to pass!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:17 am

comrade powell wrote:Or more to the point, who don't we want to face next season? Dartford, Chelmsford, Hampton, Hemel, Braintree or Truro?

Or in another way, if I'm ranking it on commentary positions, best to worst. Dull as that is:
Dartford (unless you end up front row, which is the worst view you could wish for)
Braintree (loads of room, few pillars but no worse than Twerton)
Chelmsford (stupidly far away but no obstructions. Just need good eyesight)
Truro (ok, no power, but if we use the back of the main stand it's ok)
Hampton (bit too close and few pillars. It's not that bad but not as good as others above)
Hemel (too close, obstructed by dugouts/supporters, bit of a squeeze).

And we've gained Torquay, which is probably the best commentary position we've ever had.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:21 pm

Pub wise, the Dartford Working Men's Club (no, I'm not a member) is superior to anything the others can offer and there's a couple of decent places nearer to the ground. Hampton and Truro also have a bit of choice while the Crabtree near Hemel's ground is ok. Chelmsford and Braintree are both a teetotaller's delight...
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:09 pm

I would like Hampton and Dartford to stay as I want to get around to visiting both at some stage.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down