Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your football tradition?

+8
Steve Whites Missus
yuffie
stillmanjunior
kermit
Dodgycarpet
BenE
Marc Monitor
shannon_clark97
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What is your football tradition? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your football tradition?

Post by 2weirdtown Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:51 pm

Getting back to the thread.....
I like a pint/post mortem in the Royal Oak after a match. Usually quite a few City fans in there and a good atmosphere, obviously better after a win. Used to go in the Golden Fleece after a game where there was always a more 'locally' based group of fans - probably still is.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

What is your football tradition? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your football tradition?

Post by Freeview Joe Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:18 am

BenE wrote:Nor on a first date.

Nothing against German films of course. My favourite film is The Enigma of Kaspar Hausen.

Ahh, Werner Herzog's seminal classic ... You don't get expressions on Neue Deutsche Welle Kino in the Chippenham Town Forum like this, it's great!

On topic, before a game I like to watch another Herzog tour de force, his 1982 masterpiece Fizcarraldo, starring Klaus Kinski and Claudia Cardinale (the German language version, mit untertitle)
Freeview Joe
Freeview Joe

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:43 pm

stillmanjunior wrote:
Roy D Hacksaw wrote:
BenE wrote:I've only ever walked out of the cinema once. In the eighties during a film about some teenage German doing drugs. They used to put out some absolute tripe in the seventies / eighties which is why a lot of cinemas closed down.

Sounds like Christiane F. You missed a fabulously bleak end there! 1981 if it was.

Our rituals involve watching Football Focus, then heading out from Bristol listening to a match on the radio. Pop in to see Mrs H's mum, then realise we're a bit late. Dash to the ground, park up over the other side of the river, always go to the same turnstyle, whether there's a queue or not and always by two draw tickets from the same vendor. Then we check the teamsheet on the tin shed, go and stand in the same place just to the right of the halfway, set up the flag and scarf, then prepare to grumble. If any part of that doesn't happen in that exact sequence, it always feels uncomfortable for the rest of the game. Oh yes, and we always wear black and white socks. That's the most important part. Oh the joys of OCD!

This reminds me of a sketch on 2.4 Children when Spurs picked up a rare win so Ben (the late Gary Olsen) made them follow us the exact same routine for the next couple of games. It went awry for one and they lost.

When I used to watch Cardiff, we would play a supporters match before a game against Leyton Orient with their lovely supporters. One time, it was raining horrendously and we all got saturated - especially my brother who played in goal. Unfortunately, he hadn't packed spare underpants so had to throw his away and go commando. We then beat Orient in the match proper. He took it as a lucky omen. It was terrible for us who sat next to him, for the subsequent matches, as we had a close-up view of his builder's crack. Luckily, as we were hoping for, Cardiff lost reasonably quickly which put paid to that particular tradition.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Voutt Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:03 pm

Get to TP soon after two, for a couple of pints (greatly improve quality in recent times) - buy prog & draw ticket - get team sheet - see last of the warm up - always keep my own stats.

The highs are playing well against the "higher placed  teams".

The lows are losing to "relegation sides"

Colin Voutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2