Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Player of the Season

+2
comrade powell
BenE
6 posters

Go down

Player of the Season Empty Player of the Season

Post by BenE Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:04 pm

I was given a flyer on saturday that I think had voting for player of the season. The form doesn't appear to be available on the official site. Is it open to all?

My player of the season is David Pratt not just for his goals but for his all round performances. He has caught the eye but I have to acknowledge that both Andy Gallinagh and Simmo have quietly got on with just doing the job week in week out.

Elsewhere I am somewhat concerned that no players get any better while playing for Bath City. Indeed many get worse.

Stearn is the prime example but in my opinion Mellor and Ball have been poorer this season while Bowman has not progressed one iota. Allen has come good at the end of the season but only to the same level he started at last season. Keats has been inconsistent and Connolly has dropped off the radar. The team has been strengthened but not by developing players. Since Bowman there does not appear to be any other youngster knocking on the door of the first team squad.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Player of the Season Empty Re: Player of the Season

Post by comrade powell Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:39 pm

until a few weeks ago, my vote would have been for ball - he has performed consistently and provides leadership on the field. the obvious choice as captain next season. however, pratt has also impressed, especially in the closing weeks of the season and i decided to vote for him.

but to be honest, i'm not a great fan of awards, whether they be sporting, cultural or those dreadful gongs given out by the queen. i'm definitely in the ken loach camp re the latter and loved his response when told he was to get one.

and yes, it's open to all.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:52 pm

comrade powell wrote:until a few weeks ago, my vote would have been for ball - he has performed consistently and provides leadership on the field.

i am the other way round with Danny - I thought defensively he has been solid but until recently his distribution has not been what it was. On Saturday though he had two assists and looked more like the player he can be. I do rate him very highly.

the only thing about awards is that sometimes someone performs consistently well but doesn't catch the eye on a matchday basis and that is who should get season awards. But Pratty has been superb all round.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:22 pm

How can we vote then?

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:22 pm

comrade powell wrote:...but to be honest, i'm not a great fan of awards, whether they be sporting, cultural or those dreadful gongs given out by the queen. i'm definitely in the ken loach camp re the latter and loved his response when told he was to get one.

and yes, it's open to all.

Martin, Ken and me all in agreement...we must be right.  Wink 

BenE wrote:...On Saturday though he had two assists and looked more like the player he can be. I do rate him very highly.
the only thing about awards is that sometimes someone performs consistently well but doesn't catch the eye on a matchday basis and that is who should get season awards. But Pratty has been superb all round.

We watched the same game or did you copy my comment "two assists"?   cyclops Very profound statement, sentiments I agree with.

Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcnulty Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:33 pm

Pratty for me, man is so fit and determined and has quality as well. Creates things for himself and others out of nothing.
Watkins a good season too when fit, as has Ball.

Walsh not here long but has been imperious whenever I have seen him. try not to look back but I do wonder how many of those shocking set piece goals we conceded in the first half of the season might have been prevented by him.

Stearn has looked good on the occasions I've seen him! hot and cold at times but he's done well given limited opportunities.

Mcnulty

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:00 pm

So, how can we vote then?

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:57 pm

doesn't anyone from the club ever read posts like gerry's? and if so, why no response?

the flyer given out with the voting form stated that nominations could be emailed to...

nominations@bathcityfootballclub.co.uk

stating the following...

your name

player of the year

supporter of the year

young supporter of the year
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:00 pm

Thanks Martin whats the deadline?

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:37 pm

I have a copy of the voting form which I will upload to the website this evening.

I will also provide a link on here.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:55 pm

Luton Roman wrote:Thanks Martin whats the deadline?

9 may
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:08 pm

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down