Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marvin's gone....again

+3
BenE
Freeview Joe
kermit
7 posters

Go down

Marvin's gone....again Empty Marvin's gone....again

Post by kermit Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:06 pm

Marvin has left the club. Thanks for your time here Marv.

Following upon the loan signing of Michael Kelly last week, Bristol Rovers have agreed to loan us young striker Rhys Kavanagh until 20th January 2018. Rhys signed for Rovers from Newport County in the summer to join their development squad and we thank their development coach, Chris Hargreaves, for helping to facilitate this move and welcome Rhys to Twerton Park.
Continuing our excellent relationship with local clubs, we have agreed with Bristol City an extension of the loan of Opi Edwards for a further month until 23rd January 2018. Opi has made an immediate impression on the fans during his short time here and once again we thank Brian Tinnion and the management at Bristol City for agreeing to this extension.
Moving on is Marvin Morgan, who left us in September following the departure of Gary Owers but returned shortly afterwards. We thank Marvin for his time at the Club and wish him well for the future.
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Marvin's gone....again Empty Re: Marvin's gone....again

Post by Freeview Joe Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:31 pm

Adios Big Marv, true Bath City cult hero ... Anybody know where the big fella is off to? (Chippenham Town are after a striker so I hear)
Freeview Joe
Freeview Joe

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:35 pm

Rhys appears to be 18. He'll have his work cut out with some of the lumps at CB in this division.

Not surprised Marvin has gone. Jerry was lukewarm about him and he has a long way to travel for training etc. Apart from the Hampton game he has not replicated his early season form and indeed Hampton supporters were scathing about his time there.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:01 pm

I wouldn't take much notice of Hampton supporters if various other forums are anything to go by...
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:40 pm

He'll be back.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:12 pm

comrade powell wrote:I wouldn't take much notice of Hampton supporters if various other forums are anything to go by...

Yes I suppose all Hampton supporters are the same....
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:49 pm

More what he did for us, which was either sublime or shocking. This time round not such a loss with our new planned tactics. Can't imagine he'll be the last out, though at this rate we'll have more on loan than contract!
Can we only play or name five loanees?

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:59 pm

Yes I thought there was a limit. We have edwards southwood kelly pierce and smith already.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:59 am

BenE wrote:Yes I thought there was a limit. We have edwards southwood kelly pierce and smith already.
My understanding is that you can only have 5 loanees on the field at any time. You can have more than 5 on the team sheet. Obviously you need to be able to count to five!
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:37 am

kermit wrote:
BenE wrote:Yes I thought there was a limit. We have edwards southwood kelly pierce and smith already.
My understanding is that you can only have 5 loanees on the field at any time. You can have more than 5 on the team sheet. Obviously you need to be able to count to five!

I think there might be some further leeway if any of the loanees are still classed as youth players, which could cover Opi and the new lad. This might be wrong though.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum