Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bristol City friendly

5 posters

Go down

Bristol City friendly Empty Bristol City friendly

Post by kermit Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:34 pm

So Max could have a busy night.....he's in goal for us and also named as substitute GK for them!!
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Bristol City friendly Empty Re: Bristol City friendly

Post by Luton Roman Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:52 pm

GO continuing to tease w the keeper tho new name on bench.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:37 pm

Guess what dope forgot to get off the train at Oldfield Park. Still, sounds like a bleak old night, so I might be better off on my sofa with Bath City Internet Radio!

Somewhat perplexed that we're starting with Morgan when we've got a wealth of new attacking talent to try out. There's also word we might be having a look at that free agent Gibraltan international keeper. Anyone got any deeper news on that?

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:03 pm

Yep, it's Matt Cafer. I saw him play for Europa FC a couple of seasons back. A decent keeper if I recall, although it was difficult to tell in the Gibraltan top flight!

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:39 pm

Cafer was very good. Made some good saves and generally commanded his area well. If we cannot get Max then he looks the part.
Morgan would have been very pleased with the night because he was a handful for the BC defence first half and his replacements made no impression whatsoever. They are going to have to do an awful lot more to displace him.
There were two young lads who came on as rb and rw that looked very good and I would like t see more of (didn't catch their names).
Shaquille was very disappointing while Naby flattered to deceive as usual.
Our first team is going to be pretty much last season's team judging by this game though.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:40 pm

Roy D Hacksaw wrote:Guess what dope forgot to get off the train at Oldfield Park.

We wondered where you were.

There was a good crowd too.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusty Lynfield Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:02 pm

I agree that Cafer looked the part in the short time he was on, solid kicking, some good shot stopping and picked out a dangerous (but relatively straightforward) cross....need to see more though.
Right back (no. 18) was Will Christopher....released by Swindon earlier this year and 18 years old. He looked nervous when he first came on, but quickly grew into the game and did a great pirouette to take himself and ball out of trouble at one point. A google search suggests he has same agent representative as Liam Kelly (I need to get out more).
I think the other player was Toby Ajala - Wikipedia lists him last playing for Gateshead (Owers old stomping ground as assistant manager). Again, thought he looked better the longer he was on the pitch - seemed a different kind of midfielder to those on our books at the moment.
Dusty Lynfield
Dusty Lynfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down