Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shaquille gone

+3
Marc Monitor
BenE
Ashley
7 posters

Go down

Shaquille gone Empty Re: Shaquille gone

Post by BenE Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:23 pm

We knew he had disciplinary problems at both Rovers and City but were hopeful he could show more maturity. It seems he can't or won't change.

He has talent but so have a lot of players. It is a good lesson for youngsters that they need to show a willingness to learn and work at it.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:39 pm

It must have been a huge disciplinary misdemeanour. With Marvin Morgan underperforming and still being selected, it can't be any issue with his play or effort. I would imagine that he kicked off about being on the subs bench. If it is that, I have to say I have some sympathy with him with the aforementioned MM constantly starting.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:28 pm

Yes I can imagine that scenario but for me when he has come on he hasn't exactly given the manager a selection headache. I have rarely seen a player who is as clueless when we don't have the ball.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:34 pm

I have seen a couple who are clueless when they have the ball. True enough that Shaq isn't a Josh Hutchinson prospect but, as I say, when we are playing Morgan so much, you wonder where the bar is. I have a lot of faith in GO apart from a couple of issue, however, so will trust his judgement here.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:01 pm

I think what GO likes about MM is his height. The deadly duo never addressed that and we were regularly outdone by taller teams. That doesn't happen any more. So maybe just having his presence on the pitch is enough.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:27 pm

Well, without knowing the stats , I can't disagree with that. He doesn't seem to win much in the air and I am not sure whether or not we have let in more headers. We are, it has to be said, a much taller team than we were but, as I say, I am am not sure that has equated to more possession in the air. The important stats for a striker are goals, however, and Morgan just isn't that great. He is level with Nick and Nick is more a trier than a talent. Also, I expect Nick does actually provide a fair few assists from out wide. Having said that, to be fair, Nick's goals tend to come in big wins and Marvin's come when we win by one or draw so could be said to be more important. However, when Watkins is getting 12, you need a striker that is doing similar if not way better.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:07 pm

So today we were 4-0 up but in the second half we were under a bit of pressure and I thought Concord might pull a goal back, but Gary brought Marvin on and immediately the play moved back to us being in charge.
Marvin's presence does force teams to bring defenders back to mark him, and today it swung the balance of play back in our favour.
Great day out, some cracking beers, really helpful coach driver, and Axel's family and friends there in numbers.....oh, and we won!
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:33 pm

Interesting perspective, cheers for that, Kermit. Still think that scoring goals is what a striker is measured by, though. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that Shaq was a better alternative but I have a bit of sympathy if he was wondering why Marvin was assured starts (until today, ironically) when he didn't get a sniff
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Micawber Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:03 am

Given his disciplinary problems at previous clubs i suspect there was more to Owers finally losing patience with him than just his moaning about only being sub. He could have been repeatedly late or not turned up for training, or been a disruptive influence on other players. Whatever the reason from what I saw of him he wasn't worth retaining for next season.

Micawber

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:15 pm

Still with us Exclamation  Question

Report - Henry Burridge‏ @HJBurridge As well as the matchday squad, City skipper Dan Ball is here - as is Shaquille Hunter, who might not be banished after all... - from East Thurrock.
Shocked
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:24 pm

He confirmed he was back and hoped to be in the squad for Monday. Didn't really take part in the warm up today, but did some running pre the players coming out

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:51 am

Odder and odder.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:53 am

From the Chronicle

Travelling with the squad was Shaquille Hunter, who appeared to be headed for the exit two weeks ago after pushing Owers to "breaking point".

But he is now back in the reckoning after making amends with both team-mates and manager.

Owers revealed: "He rang the lads up and apologised to them, then he rang me up and apologised to me.

"Then I went back to the players and asked them to make the decision, whether they're happy for him to come back and they were, so he was big enough to apologise and I was big enough to accept his apology.

"Somehow he's got to try and make an impression in the remaining two weeks, whether that's in training or if he gets an opportunity in a game, it's up to him.

"I think he understands now that I'm trying to help him, I'm pleased about that, so we'll see what happens in the next couple of weeks.

Read more at http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/owers-questions-bath-city-motivation-but-former-bristol-rovers-and-bristol-city-prodigy-back-in-fold/story-30273839-detail/story.html#IQwVllJPdgzBBfPW.99
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum