Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

chelsea win

4 posters

Go down

chelsea win Empty chelsea win

Post by BenE Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:40 am

great result last night. Chelsea showed true english grit to beat those prancing frenchies Wink
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

chelsea win Empty Re: chelsea win

Post by comrade powell Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:20 am

with 3 englishmen in the team and just one more warming the bench! so do you think they will now go all the way and win the cup?
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:00 pm

No ManU will win it
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:15 pm

i'll be very surprised if that happens....
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:45 pm

And it won't. I watched the highly impressive Atletico eliminate Barca without their star striker, Diego Costa, who was not considered fit enough to start. But yet again an unfit Rooney started for United and I hear was dreadful. I just hope Hodgson isn't so reliant on this over-hyped player in Brasil and has the guts to leave him out if isn't up to it.

Potential for some great semis - who would Chelsea prefer to face? All 3 look much stronger than PSG....
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:09 pm

There aren't many players you would play when not fully fit and Rooney isn't one of them. People say he has been outstanding this season but is by comparison to his team mates.

I used to think that Rooney was vital to England but now I'm not so sure.

Chelsea are capable of grinding out a result against anyone. They won't win their way through by charm.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:36 pm

I'd personally be more concerned if Sturridge or Gerrard were injured going into the World Cup. Don't get me wrong, Rooney is a brilliant footballer on his day, but when he's not (i.e. when he's not fit) he's no better than ordinary.

Chelsea are in a near identical situation to when they won the CL two years ago. The other three left are really strong (I believe it was Bayern, Barca and Real last time?) so they'll need a bit of luck. Not sure who they'd prefer to face, Real probably. Bayern would probably be curtains.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:18 pm

I just hope chelsea draw bayern or real in the semis and are eliminated. atletico's excellent keeper, courtois, has a clause in his loan contract which may prevent him facing his parent club.

it's an interesting line up, with 2 teams (real and bayern) superb going forward but weak defensively, while the other 2 are both excellent at defending narrow leads.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:45 am

To be honest I don't rate England's chances very much in the world cup anyway. If we could get to the quarter finals I would be happy.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:02 am

If we get to the Quarter Finals I'll be ecstatic. Getting through the group will be challenging enough
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:45 pm

comrade powell wrote:I just hope chelsea draw bayern or real in the semis and are eliminated. atletico's excellent keeper, courtois, has a clause in his loan contract which may prevent him facing his parent club.

Apparently UEFA are going to insist he can play!

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum