Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's your first eleven?

+10
Beau Nash
Roy D Hacksaw
kermit
Manchester Romans
BenE
yuffie
Luton Roman
LB
sned
Dusty Lynfield
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What's your first eleven? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's your first eleven?

Post by stillmanjunior Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:34 pm

I'm quite surprised that the ground is up to NL South standard to be honest. It seems to get smaller every time I visit. Last year they at least had temporary seats behind one goal, but that had disappeared (maybe something new will be put in place?) and the only seating area is tiny. The room we had for the radio was appalling, even I couldn't find room to sit down and with reserved seats surrounding us we ended up with an awful lot of background noise from irate Margate fans, until they scored. Cracking winning goal, mind. Aside from that the only cover is a little bit behind one goal, which isn't ideal on a day as warm as yesterday.

I'm now wishing there was a way we could have relegated both Margate and Havant at once on that final Saturday, rescuing St Albans and Hayes & Yeading. Both of the latter far better places to visit (well, until Hayes move from Maidenhead).

I thought the performance was largely fine, we just need to get that ball in the net. I would have been more concerned had we not created any chances. I thought Morgan played well but made a mess of the one chance he had, when he should have rounded the keeper, or at least touched it on so he would win a foul and see the number one almost certainly red carded. I'm still confident this season will be an improvement on the last.

And the journey back was fine, a lot more relaxing than the first few hours of the way up when I was responsible for the safe arrival of one of our centre back's motors...
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:57 pm

comrade powell wrote:Very surprised by the Margate manager's allegations

Great post on the Conference South forum suggesting he suffers from a 'Boy Named Sue' syndrome.

Here's a link for the non Johnny Cash fans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMgEEASoWQ

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:38 pm

Aaaw bless. Half the times I looked down during the game he was looking at our bench like a bitter jealous ex whenever Owers was barking orders, I didn't know there was anything in the programme at that point but still found it odd. What a bizarre bloke. As for the comments on that thread about the handshake after the game, there was only one person gobbing off as they shook hands, it wasn't Owers, which led to more of what had gone on for the previous few minutes, Bull the instigator pointing fingers and getting lairy and Owers telling him to stop behaving like a child. Stewards were pushing Owers around while Bull was given free reign to roam around like the victim. Ridiculous and pathetic. Can't comment on anything else really, every Margate supporter and official I encountered were friendly and good natured, as they were in the Crown after the game last season.

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:47 pm

I should have said 'far better' in terms of easier to get to. The horrible traffic en route meant we didn't have time to check out what else Margate had to deliver. Fixtures computer hasn't been kind with our last two visits there.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:24 pm

One of the things Margate had to offer was a soul festival, taking place at several venues over the weekend. There was a dj session near the front which I was enjoying while eating my lunch in an Indian. That was until the restaurant's music came on to drown it out - but the waiter turned it off at my request. See, they're nice people in Margate!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2