Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sky Sports Advert

+2
yuffie
Kelston Koppite
6 posters

Go down

Sky Sports Advert Empty Sky Sports Advert

Post by Kelston Koppite Thu May 12, 2016 11:10 pm

I don't know if anyone has seen the latest advert for the Football League Play-offs on Sky Sports. Ian Holloway is giving an inspirational team talk in a dressing room to players who are wearing City training tops, and the famous Black & White shirts are hanging from the pegs in the background. Whilst not totally in focus, the club badge is recognisable.

Worth a quick watch!
Kelston Koppite
Kelston Koppite

Back to top Go down

Sky Sports Advert Empty Re: Sky Sports Advert

Post by yuffie Fri May 13, 2016 9:34 am

Yes, I did a double take when I saw it. I recognised Dan Bowman, Louis Perry, Josh Hutchinson and Steve Phillips. Maybe it was players who were available during the day.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by OliverH Fri May 13, 2016 10:21 am

They could have saved some money if they'd just asked us for the footage of Archie's halftime talk that we shot for the BBCB film... not sure it could have been shown before the watershed admittedly
OliverH
OliverH

Back to top Go down

Post by Roman Mike Fri May 13, 2016 4:36 pm

Feels like a wasted opportunity. With a bit more thought and joined up thinking, we could have used this as a way of generating / maintaining interest. As it is we are relying on screen grabs. Its like we want Bath City to be a secret. Any ideas on how to improve this so that we can use these kind of events to our advantage?
Roman Mike
Roman Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Fri May 13, 2016 5:09 pm

Sky would hardly want the advert to explicitly say they using a non-league changing room and a few players who are free during the day. It is the Football League play-offs they are promoting not the National League ones.

I imagine they paid the club (and, if the one time they used my photos is anything to go by, quite well) to use the facilities.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Ged Roddy Fri May 13, 2016 5:13 pm

Sky contacted us at rather short notice, and asked if they could film on a Thursday evening. As this coincided with training, we said 'Yes', and were paid a reasonable amount for a job of an hour or so.

Sir Ged Roddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sat May 14, 2016 10:34 am

Surely, the whole advert is on YouTube and can be shared?
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down