Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who might be joining the Vanarama South next season?

+21
Sir Ged Roddy
yuffie
2weirdtown
LB
Kelston Koppite
Dave
Ashley
Micawber
Timbo_b-o-a
BenE
stillmanjunior
SteveBradley
miker
the demon headmaster
Elmore James
comrade powell
Bluebird
Luton Roman
Marc Monitor
Jon_BOA
Roy D Hacksaw
25 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Who might be joining the Vanarama South next season? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who might be joining the Vanarama South next season?

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Mon May 02, 2016 5:01 pm

We have results. Despite a late rally and a disputed penalty call for The Hamlet, East Thurrock ran out 3-1 winners. Boo!

But the other game was more exciting, with Hungerford coming from a goal down to score a winner in the 84th minute, meaning that we've got a remotely local trip to West Berkshire next term - probably on a Tuesday.

So there we have it. Barring accidents or last minute changes, our five new teams next season will be:

Poole Town, Hampton & Richmond Borough, Welling, East Thurrock United and Hungerford Town.

Which one of those are you most looking forward to?

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

Who might be joining the Vanarama South next season? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who might be joining the Vanarama South next season?

Post by stillmanjunior Mon May 02, 2016 5:04 pm

Hungerford as it's the only ground I haven't been to. Record low number of new grounds for me.

Being reunited with Welling and East Thurrock again isn't overly inspiring. Hampton should be ok provided we don't have to commentate from behind the goal.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Mon May 02, 2016 5:11 pm

Oh dear, Tiger won't be happy.

Hungerford and Poole are both new grounds so that's the plus on those two for me. And I guess there is a chance we could get Hungerford over Christmas/New Year which would be better than Truro. Although a quick check shows they have the third lowest crowd average in the Southern League Prem this season so they could bring even fewer than Weston normally do.

I'm happy with Thurrock coming up as that will be (hopefully) a chance to exorcise a few (seven) demons.

Welling and Hampton are a couple more 'meh' trips east.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon May 02, 2016 5:51 pm

The dreadful revenge we are going to inflict on Thurrock may prompt them to wish today's win had been reversed!

Poole and Hungerford at least are relatively local while I always enjoy going to Welling. Usually a good atmosphere there and the Robin Hood & Little John is one of the best pubs we play 'near' - it's a very good 5 minutes walk from the ground. Not excited about Hampton's return...
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Ged Roddy Mon May 02, 2016 7:01 pm

I went to see the Hungerford match. No concrete terracing, 2 very small stands, and a couple of temporary looking steel terraces with a roof, holding about 30 people each. The weather was dreadful, and I got a cricked neck from having to watch all the football in the sky; virtually no proper passes or playing on the ground. Still, I cheered our boys wearing black and white, which reminded me of the time when a number of our fans cheered Maidenhead (wearing black and white) who were visiting Twerton to play some other team. Oh, and I also saw our former Director of football there, and John Freegard.

Sir Ged Roddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Roman Mike Fri May 13, 2016 1:10 pm

The FA have provided this helpful guide
There are still a few either / ors

http://www.thefa.com/news/my-football/club-league/2016/may/club-allocations-step-1-4-2016-17-120516

Last edited by Roman Mike on Fri May 13, 2016 2:25 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed the link)
Roman Mike
Roman Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Fri May 13, 2016 5:12 pm

Havant with some lovely trips to Lowestoft and Leiston!

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4