Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sutton today

+15
Dave
Bridgeyate
comrade powell
SteveS
sned
the demon headmaster
A36
yuffie
Marc Monitor
Elmore James
kermit
pete mac
2weirdtown
Twerton Parker
LB
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sutton today - Page 2 Empty Re: Sutton today

Post by yuffie Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:16 pm

Marc Monitor wrote:

Was Jimmer up and talking to the team as well?

Yep.

Sutton today - Page 2 Img_3962

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:35 pm

pete mac wrote:
Pratt due to come back next week plus Taylor available.
Unless Ball isn't fully fit he and Batten must play, both excellent today.

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Midsomer-chris Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:05 pm

yuffie wrote:Other then the result it wasn't massively different to recent performances. The early goal and, but for a couple of decent saves by Phillips, it could have been over within 20 minutes. However, after this woeful start we began to get into the game and got a break when their keeper came rushing out when he didn't need to and floored Watto. And we finally scored a penalty.

Second half was more even, although Sutton always looked the more dangerous. We stood firm though with only a couple of real scares - one where they 'scored' but the ball had gone out before the cross and right at the death when Stearn lined up a shot but it was well blocked.

So no major change but it was good to stop the losing run and it is something to take forward.

Oh, and Owers will please those who like a manager on his feet shouting at the players.

I don't remember him from the first time round as I have only supported City for 6 years but this, and things I have read about him,   Very Happy make me like him already.
Midsomer-chris
Midsomer-chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:12 pm

Bridgeyate wrote:What was noticeable was the style of play we adopted. We didn't hoof the ball from defence as much and tried to play a passing game from the back .The passing was more slick and accurate than in recent weeks.

Excellent news.

pete mac wrote:Pleased to read in the Chronicle that City players 'swarmed' Sutton when we didn't have the ball. For me that's what will keep us up.

More excellent news.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:25 am

The penalty - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRcfTAamWJo - nicely taken to the bottom corner. Basketball
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:35 am

I think the slick, passing game can partly be put down to the pitch. Whether we will see the same at the quagmire awaiting us at Havant is debatable. We played similarly at Maidstone.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:36 am

I'm sure Havant's pitch will be better by the time we eventually play them, which I expect will be April.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by A36 Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:44 pm

the demon headmaster wrote:
A36 wrote:It's difficult to know why the keeper needed such extensive treatment after conceding the penalty, given that there was no actual contact between him and Watkins (maybe it was a carpet burn).
He came across to us at the start of the second half and indicated that he had been kicked in the face by the tumbling Watto, therefore Watto was brought down by his trailing chin!
The keeper's chin was nowhere near Watkins when he started to go down, but may have met Watkins' boot when his feet went behind him as he went down.

A36

Back to top Go down

Post by Elmore James Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:00 pm

A36 wrote:
the demon headmaster wrote:
A36 wrote:It's difficult to know why the keeper needed such extensive treatment after conceding the penalty, given that there was no actual contact between him and Watkins (maybe it was a carpet burn).
He came across to us at the start of the second half and indicated that he had been kicked in the face by the tumbling Watto, therefore Watto was brought down by his trailing chin!
The keeper's chin was nowhere near Watkins when he started to go down, but may have met Watkins' boot when his feet went behind him as he went down.

think that may have been a tongue in cheek comment from the headmaster.......

Elmore James

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:54 pm

Certainly tongue in cheek for the keeper.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:59 pm

Sutton manager's post match comments worth a listen particularly on the determination of the Bath players. He questions why they hadn't shown that for the previous manager. Looks like his scout had perhaps seen a different Bath team. ...

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2