Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adie to leave as well...

+10
pete mac
Elmore James
BenE
Luton Roman
Marc Monitor
SteveS
Beau Nash
Tapper80
Steve Whites Missus
comrade powell
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Adie to leave as well... - Page 2 Empty Re: Adie to leave as well...

Post by stillmanjunior Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:26 pm

Coupe left in the first season, quite early on. Although the rest of your points are pretty valid, think the Eastbourne manager at the time was Garry Wilson, who worked wonders there.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:43 pm

I think Benny's point about the lack of spirit is spot on. It was a feature of the Rello/Adie years and has still been evident on occasions since. Whoever the new manager is, he will have to work with a budget which is lower than many of our rivals so will need to compensate with a never say die attitude from his players. Something which there has been little evidence of in recent months. Repeating the point I made on the Adelsbury thread, we need real fighters in the coming weeks - presumably any player worth his salt will be out to impress the new bloke, so we should see an improvement.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:04 pm

The problem is Adelsbury's comments have been made public, which I'm sure he would have wanted to be avoided. Obviously there's more appeal to him playing for Truro - less travelling and playing for a club that is performing much better in the league. I have no issue with that, but think the fact that it has been made public that he wants to play for Truro means his time with us is up. I wouldn't expect him to down tools in the unlikely event that he started Saturday, but fully expect the current managerial team would look for someone who clearly has more desire.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:09 pm

I'm sure it's not beyond a player's scope when talking to prospective new employers to ask that they keep their mouths shut until any move is confirmed. It would have been possible for the Truro manager to respond with a 'no comment' when asked. This reminds me of Nicholson's move when it became clear that he had been in negotiations with Torquay for some time.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:20 pm

And we shouldn't forget of course that Adie Britton brought Manda Rigby to the club...

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2