Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The three candidates in my opinion!

+19
BenE
yuffie
OliverH
Tapper80
kermit
Manchester Romans
2weirdtown
Steve Whites Missus
Citylink
Marc Monitor
Colin Voutt
Dave
LB
Elmore James
Luton Roman
Ashley
stillmanjunior
comrade powell
Oldschool
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The three candidates in my opinion!  - Page 2 Empty Re: The three candidates in my opinion!

Post by Marc Monitor Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:34 am

Very interesting but he comes across so well and has had a such an impressive record to date that I can't see him touching us with a barge pole. He would be looking at progressing at that club, getting an improved position at a club at the same level or getting similar work at a Premiership club and progressing there.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

The three candidates in my opinion!  - Page 2 Empty Re: The three candidates in my opinion!

Post by yuffie Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:29 pm

I would also think that the current uncertainty over the long term ownership of the club would make someone like that unlikely to want the post.

For that reason I can see Jimmer and Steve Phillips being given the job until the end of the season.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:43 pm

So can I, but I fear it would be a mistake.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:54 pm

stillmanjunior wrote:Another person not mentioned, and would be rather left-field, is Martin Paul. I'm sure he has been doing his coaching badges recently.

Good shout although I believe Martin wants to coach abroad.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:02 pm

BenE wrote:
stillmanjunior wrote:Another person not mentioned, and would be rather left-field, is Martin Paul. I'm sure he has been doing his coaching badges recently.

Good shout although I believe Martin wants to coach abroad.

Not as left field as Ross Stearn player manager Twisted Evil

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:41 pm

A major issue will surely be that anyone coming in will have to work with Adie. It was a relationship Archie was comfortable with but would anyone else be?
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdy Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:32 pm

What the club needs (and has needed for a long time) is a qualified coach, someone who can improve the players in the squad.
The budget is whatever it is, the board need to set a realistic figure which is sustainable then be clear to every candidate interviewed that is what they have to work with.
Simple as that, work within your means, not on the edge of them, or beyond them. Be transparent about it and stop making excuses.

Train on the pitch once a week as a minimum and make the training compulsory, high tempo and enjoyable, transfer that into a match day and you have an extra 5% from every player. Actually try to win games, introduce some of the younger lads into (or around) the squad, entertain the fans and they'll be an extra 200-250 on the home gate every game.

Birdy

Back to top Go down

Post by Elmore James Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:42 pm

Birdy wrote:What the club needs (and has needed for a long time) is a qualified coach, someone who can improve the players in the squad.
The budget is whatever it is, the board need to set a realistic figure which is sustainable then be clear to every candidate interviewed that is what they have to work with.
Simple as that, work within your means, not on the edge of them, or beyond them. Be transparent about it and stop making excuses.

Train on the pitch once a week as a minimum and make the training compulsory, high tempo and enjoyable, transfer that into a match day and you have an extra 5% from every player. Actually try to win games, introduce some of the younger lads into (or around) the squad, entertain the fans and they'll be an extra 200-250 on the home gate every game.

You got my vote Birdy

Elmore James

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:51 pm

I hope you've sent your application in Birdy
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:54 pm

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:48 pm

That almost reads like one of those come and get me statements....

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by Citylink Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:17 pm

Frome are 3rd bottom and he's been there for months. I'm going to chuck it out thee and say I was Mark Collier and Tom Jones. They did miracles with swindon supermarine beating us over 2 legs in the process and since taken chips from the brink of relegation to title contenders. I think it's an easy appointment myself.

Citylink

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:17 pm

Steady! Evil or Very Mad

Bluebird

Back to top Go down

Post by sean Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:20 pm

I don't know how far from Bath he lives, or how much he would cost, but I would be happy with Johnson Hippolyte. Was with Maidenhead for many years until the end of last season and seemed to do well considering their resources.

sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:57 pm

Bloody hell, I would get him for his name alone.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Jones Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:01 pm

Alex Russell???

Ian Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:29 pm

Marc Monitor wrote:Bloody hell, I would get him for his name alone.

almost as impressive as his nickname - Drax.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:48 pm

One way he would get a win at Twerton...probably.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:57 pm

I'm sure he's recently taken the Staines job?
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:27 pm

Crikey you must be in the know even their website reckons their manager is martin spong
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:31 am

Ah, was sure the NLP said he was going there.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:28 pm

Guardiola gone to Man City, another one we've missed out on!

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:44 pm

Must have been a look a like looking through the Twerton estate agents window....indeed, is there an estate agent in Twerton??

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:14 pm

Steve Whites Missus wrote:

That almost reads like one of those come and get me statements....

Well thank goodness we didn't! From the Frome website...

Frome Town Football Club Manager Nick Bunyard has been suspended by the Football Association.

An investigation into betting activity is currently being undertaken and the FA had applied for and received sanction to impose an immediate suspension ahead of a full hearing. The Club were made aware of the intermin suspension request from the FA on Friday 8th April and internally suspended Nick, with immediate effect following an emergency board meeting, pending the outcome of the full investigation. At that point, with two weeks of the season remaining it was decided not to release details of the suspension until after the season had been completed so the players could focus on the remaining games and more conversations could be had with the FA and its representatives of which those these are still taking place. The interim suspension hearing has now been held and therefore Nick is suspended from all football activity until further notice. No date has been set for the full hearing as the FA continue their investigations and it should be noted that Nick is co-operating fully with their enquiries and the Club continues to support Nick while the process is being carried out. The Club would like to thank Matt Bown and Josh Jefferies for their efforts in running the team over the last few weeks of the season. While Nick continues to fight his case the existing backroom team, with the additions of the returning Andy Crabtee and Derek Graham will be involved in organising the squad ahead of the new season and details concerning players who have already agreed to remain with the Club from last seasons squad will be released shortly. Josh has moved to add Andy to the Clubs staff, who he knows well from a spell at Paulton and is obviously well known to the Robins supporters having previously been with the Club for a long period both as a player, coach and manager. Further details will be announced as and when information is made available and we ask supporters to bear with us during this period.

comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:23 am

Ridiculous draconian rules from the FA, likely ban for what was probably £2 on Barcelona

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum