Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dorchester

+12
Ashley
2weirdtown
Corstonian
BenE
yuffie
Twerton Parker
Midsomer-steve
Dark Star
Roman Mike
RUDI GULITS
stillmanjunior
Luton Roman
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dorchester - Page 2 Empty Re: Dorchester

Post by BenE Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:52 pm

The same can be said of Pratt and for long periods this season Watkins. Ross is still our highest scorer despite hardly featuring since Christmas.

I remember when people said Ronaldo had no end product.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcnulty Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:26 pm

comrade powell wrote:But there has been virtually no end product in any of his recent appearances! Doing 20 stepovers on Saturday might entertain some, but if there is no end product, should such a player be an automatic selection? I return to the point I made yesterday - the management can only select 11. Had Low been selected in his place, he would presumably be the scapegoat for many, but he didn't. So who would be left out to accommodate Stearn? I expect the answer will be Wilson. Yet there was the call last week to give the lad a chance...

I'd disagree that there has been virtually no end product. There isnt as much as i'd like. he should have tucked away a chance Saturday, he needs to look up more and the step overs are sometimes too much . Accept all of that.
I just think he actually adds some balance. We dont have players with that unpredictable element who can beat a couple and make some space. He needs some improvement in lots of areas but I feel the raw talent is there and it i something worth pursuing and moreover nurturing rather than critiscising him for what he isnt. I thought Stearn's overall performnce Saturday was positive. Wilsons was largely annonymous, he was bullied off the ball and was unable to make any real impact his cross that lead to the goal aside. Stearn teed up Allen for a good chance and put the corner in that Walsh probably should have scored from.

I dont disagree in principle wih the decision to try Wilson but then Stearn is under contract and we should, in my opinion be playing him more. I'd also like Bowman to be given a bit more of a chance when possible. his form dipped a bit but he is also young and appears to offer something we dont have elsewhere in the squad.

Mcnulty

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:40 pm

Yes, I agree with all that. I think it was right to give Wilson a chance. While his brace against Cheddar was pretty meaningless, he deserved the opportunity to show if he could do it at the higher level. A pity he didn't really take it and it will be interesting to see if he is given another.  I have been very impressed overall with Bowman but think the decision not to overplay him is probably correct. The difference between him and Stearn appears to be that he accepts this decision and when he gets on is not so psyched up that he feels he has to impress.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcnulty Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:19 pm

Yes it was unfortunate for Wilson, maybe the three pronged attack didnt suit him - it didnt really suit Watkin either until the game opened up in the second half.
Bowman, yes if that is the thinking then it is sensible - he's better in a wing back role than a traditional full back position. I'd quite like to see us try that formation again now everyone is fit. It doesnt work for all opposition but i liked the shape of our team with Bowman and Ball flying down the flanks.
Stearn is trying too hard and its not always working. Management need to give him some confidence and calm him down so he isnt always trying to do something to prove a point but i fear it might be a bit late which is a shame.

Mcnulty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2