Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bodmin v. City

+12
tango602
Kelston Koppite
comrade powell
Ashley
LB
pete mac
Maurice Ashman
sned
SnakebiteFernandez
BenE
2weirdtown
Luton Roman
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bodmin v. City Empty Bodmin v. City

Post by Luton Roman Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:31 pm

Teamis Phillips,Gallinagh,Nicho,Coupe,Ball,Adders,Kington, Artus,Pratt, Watkins, Davies.
Subs McCootie,Barrington, Bowman,Hemmings, Allen, Simmo,Barrow.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Bodmin v. City Empty Re: Bodmin v. City

Post by 2weirdtown Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:36 pm

Blimey, 7 on the bench and no room for Jimmer!
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:38 pm

City 1 up, Artus header from Gallinagh cross.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:09 pm

1-1

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:18 pm

sounds like our usual cup performance against lower league opposition
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:30 pm

I really do think Pratt should have been rested even if he now goes on to score and I've been saying that for weeks.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:38 pm

Artus again, City 2-1 up

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:50 pm

City win 2-1, £4.5k inthe pot, breathe again, and move on.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakebiteFernandez Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:50 pm

Phew!!!!

Next!!!!

SnakebiteFernandez

Back to top Go down

Post by sned Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:09 pm

2weirdtown wrote:Blimey, 7 on the bench and no room for Jimmer!

And a goalkeeper at that!

sned

Back to top Go down

Post by Maurice Ashman Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:12 pm

2weirdtown wrote:Blimey, 7 on the bench and no room for Jimmer!
Did Sekani get on?

Maurice Ashman

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:15 pm

no I think Allen McCootie and Bowman were the subs
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:31 pm

Hayes and Dartford lost at home to lower league teams so in the end getting through is the aim. Will be interested in views of those that went.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:46 pm

Class came through Gerry. Our man did it!

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:35 pm

Nervous listening in the second half, not helped by losing commentary at 1-1 and missing Frankie's winner!

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:19 pm

Not the best performance ever but job done. Bodmin were decent and it was a great hit for the winner. Onwards to the next round!

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:05 pm

The winning goal was just about the only time we really showed that we play several levels above Bodmin. We looked decidedly shaky in the ten minutes after their goal and had they had Phillips in goal instead of their lumbering veteran we could well have lost. Thank goodness McCootie came on when he did - we looked a different team from then on. As for Pratt's miss!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelston Koppite Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:48 pm

Just got home from a cricket club presentation evening. I will post my report in the morning.
Kelston Koppite
Kelston Koppite

Back to top Go down

Post by tango602 Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:04 am

Bodmin supporter in peace here, just wanted to say that I hope all those who came down got home safely and it was a great game, to be honest I was planning my travel up for Tuesday when you got the winner, good luck in the next round Smile

By the way I liked the Terraces not Armchairs banner, completely agree with that and hope we get to meet again in the future.

tango602

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:19 am

Whilst we didn't play great I always thought we were in control of the game. They had a good spell either side of their goal but apart from that never really tested Phillips.

I expected them to come at us fast from the start but they seemed content to defend in numbers and catch us on the break for the first half. Which was even more odd as they didn't look to be a particularly pacey team. It was only when they committed a few more players forward at the second of the second half that they looked more threatening. Then, as Pinky said, the introduction of McCootie swung the game back in our favour as we started to stretch their defence.

It was clear they were better than most Step 6 teams (and not, incidentally, the lowest ranked team in the round as WSM played (and beat 2-1 like us) another team at that level but lower in their division) and it was interesting to listen to a couple of locals behind me chatting about a number of their players who could have played much higher but didn't want to travel. I also thought they were quite a physical team who, I suspect, out-muscle most teams in their league. They certainly complained a lot to the officials when this approach didn't work with us.

Okay, it took a high quality goal to win it but if Pratty wasn't struggling in front of goal at the moment and a few other chances had dropped more kindly we could have been home and dry long before Artus' wonder strike.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon_BOA Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:54 am

Agree with most of what has been written, but after they scored I had a horrible feeling they were going to nick it.
McCootie played really well when he came on, and I'd be tempted to not start Pratt for the next few matches, as his confidence looks shot. That does depend on Nick's hamstrings lasting a few games though!

Jon_BOA

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:31 pm

Cheers Tango! Leaving the slightly stressful game aside, I thoroughly enjoyed my visit, and found your fans and officials to be an all-round friendly and welcoming lot. Just a shame we couldn't have afforded you that same hospitality on Tuesday, because I thought you deserved something out of the game.

We also enjoyed speaking to one of your number on the way out, who told us that a bunch of you will be coming down to our New Years match at Truro - to support us! Looking forward to seeing a few of you again!

Good luck with the rest of the season!

tango602 wrote:Bodmin supporter in peace here, just wanted to say that I hope all those who came down got home safely and it was a great game, to be honest I was planning my travel up for Tuesday when you got the winner, good luck in the next round Smile

By the way I liked the Terraces not Armchairs banner, completely agree with that and hope we get to meet again in the future.

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:31 pm

Roy D Hacksaw wrote:Just a shame we couldn't have afforded you that same hospitality on Tuesday, because I thought you deserved something out of the game.

A certain programme editor was most relieved when that didn't take place.

I said before the game that as long as we played reasonably well we would win. We didn't play that well at all but we still won. The difference in the divisions gap wasn't exactly evident throughout but in an attacking sense it told sometimes. They had that break in the first half when Gallinagh was left one on three basically and they made a mess of it, as well as that guy blazing over when he was unmarked 15 yards out following a brilliant flowing move.

I've seen worse Southern League sides from Bodmin and, as Simon mentioned, they have that strength because a few players don't want to uproot basically. They didn't include Andrew Neal who has been prolfic recently, rejoined from Tiverton because of work I think. He could have made a difference. Instead their version of Chas was quite isolated up top. He could still play at a higher level.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:32 pm

Just like to echo Roy's sentiments. A very friendly club whose team pushed us hard on the day and could easily have achieved an upset. Tango, do your club have ambitions for moving up the pyramid? I can understand that your location is a hindrance, but based on yesterday's evidence, your team would more than hold their own in the Southern League.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:57 pm

The ground needs to be improved a bit for higher level (although the view from the stand was superb), aside from that the credentials are there.

Also thought it was a shame that so many people were able to get a free view from behind the green fence. Easily a couple of hundred quid more could have gone to Bodmin. I know it doesn't sound like a lot but it all adds up.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next