Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When was terracing installed at the Bristol End?

+15
Luton Roman
striped67
Ancient Mariner
cannonball
miker
Micawber
old londoner
2weirdtown
Steve Hill
Dodgycarpet
stillmanjunior
pete mac
comrade powell
bonzodog
MaryS
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

When was terracing installed at the Bristol End? - Page 3 Empty When was terracing first installed

Post by SASCHA Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:54 pm

My first thoughts were of how much it looked like Jamie but then I thought of Doug Clarke.
I believe Jamie spent a while in the Marines and also played for Odd Down.
If I were to choose between the two then it would be Jamie.
This would put the photo around 1968, wouldn't it ?

That would also fit in with Doug Clarkes time.

SASCHA

Back to top Go down

When was terracing installed at the Bristol End? - Page 3 Empty Re: When was terracing installed at the Bristol End?

Post by Micawber Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:50 am

Looking at that photo again i've a feeling it's from the start of the 1970-71 season. I still think the player in the quarters looks very like Jamie Hardman and i'm almost sure the short player on his right in the black shorts is John Parker. Leading in the front could be John Allen and on his right in the thin black stripes the left back Tommy Taylor. The player all in black towards the back looks like the goalkeeper Brian McAuley and behind him is definitely Paul Abrahams.

Micawber

Back to top Go down

When was terracing installed at the Bristol End? - Page 3 Empty Re: When was terracing installed at the Bristol End?

Post by SASCHA Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:58 pm

I can confirm that Jamie is indeed the player in the quartered shirt.
I approached Jamie yesterday and informed him of a photo on the forum and that it was clearly a training session.
His immediate response despite not having seen it on the forum being, "Is that the one with me jumping in the air alongside the front of the old stand".
He also mentioned that it had been on display on the wall inside the ground at some point.
Tony Duck is also in the picture, who I believe went on to play for Trowbridge for a while. He also played along side my brother Stewart, for Bath Boys. Many of the players in the photo were with the reserves.

SASCHA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3