Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The puppet master

+13
Dave
Peteboa
Terrie K
BenE
Twerton Parker
Dodgycarpet
Midsomer-steve
Marc Monitor
bristoldome
bonzodog
stillmanjunior
comrade powell
Steve Hill
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The puppet master - Page 2 Empty Re: The puppet master

Post by BenE Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:56 pm

the simple fact is that the three losses this season have done irreparable damage. the team were a shambles in each game and it is extremely difficult justifying a reason for turning up again.

away form appears to be a different kettle of fish. why? what is it about TP that gets to the players?
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Hill Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:38 pm

Sorry I meant Trophy not vase . over worked and under paid that's my excuse. Rota's have run I haven't had a week end off for a while but at the moment after a hard days months work I feel reluctant to come to twerton I need cheering up not angered I will always support city but until things change I will just look out for results every week

Steve Hill

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrie K Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:05 pm

Steve Hill wrote:Sorry I meant Trophy not vase . over worked and under paid that's my excuse. Rota's have run  I haven't had a week end off for a while but at the moment after a hard days months work I feel reluctant to come to twerton I need cheering up not angered I will always support city but until things change I will just look out for results every week

I have stayed away this season as money is extremely tight and I find it difficult to justify spending my hard earned cash to watch depressing displays at home - can't afford away trips.
I too will return when games become entertaining and value for money. Until then I will follow and support from my home.
I appreciate all the current management have done for us to date but agree with a previous post that if Arch and Adie can turn it around then all well and good but if not they need to walk
I hope that the board don't give the current management duo long in which to address the situation as change is desperately needed and as soon as possible.

Terrie K

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Hill Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:12 pm

Steve Hill wrote:When did we last have a good fa cup run .we never do well in the vase but the fa cup can bring in a lot of money and interest . im not arguing with you mark your always right so lets just agree to disagree .I know the top non league is not finacialy viable to use at the
moment but when players of the past put on the shirt you could see the determination and grit .these lads seem depressed .

East Thurrock away says it all time for a change.

Steve Hill

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:30 pm

Blimey Steve - you were quiet during our unbeaten run and morale boosting wins over Sutton etc.

Though Saturday was poor, didn't need to be there to know that.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Hill Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:39 pm

stillmanjunior wrote:Blimey Steve - you were quiet during our unbeaten run and morale boosting wins over Sutton etc.

Though Saturday was poor, didn't need to be there to know that.
unbeaten run morale boosting wins thought that was just run of the mill
league football sorry but that wasn't as important as a good run in the cup round 2 minimum.

Steve Hill

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:11 pm

Round two minimum?!?!

Was going to add more but will see what others think.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Peteboa Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:20 pm

aye, to make the 1st round is a decent achievement in itself. Problem is we won't get presented with many easier paths than this season. Those who witnessed Saturday's debacle will surely feel that it could be many more seasons before we feature in the Fa cup
Peteboa
Peteboa

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Hill Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:10 pm

stillmanjunior wrote:Round two minimum?!?!

Was going to add more but will see what others think.

cant really see why round 2 is not achievable get a little bit of luck if not get to round two at least be in the draw for it bet Thurrock didn't have your attitude Mr s 7_1 is a disgrace and heads must roll over to you .

Steve Hill

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:54 pm

Reaching Round 2 as a minimum? Granted we got there a few times during the Conference years, but mostly having not entered until the 4th Qualifying Round. To reach Round 2 this season we'd have needed to win through 4 rounds, we've done that a total of four times since 1966, averaging once every 12 years. The last time was 2009, looking forward to the 2021-22 already Smile

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:50 pm

Steve Hill wrote:cant really see why round 2 is not achievable get a little bit of luck if not get to round two at least be in the draw for it bet Thurrock didn't have your attitude Mr s   7_1 is a disgrace and heads must roll over to you .

You're right - their club probably didn't have the attitude "round two minimum" They would need to win one more game than us and I think this is only the second time in their history they've got to round one. We've blown a great chance but to say round two minimum is a crazy expectation.

7-1 is a disgrace, you're right again there. But if we go on a good run again this season, like we were before, I hope you'll recognise it rather than just the bad days.

All the best.

stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Hill Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:20 pm

stillmanjunior wrote:
Steve Hill wrote:cant really see why round 2 is not achievable get a little bit of luck if not get to round two at least be in the draw for it bet Thurrock didn't have your attitude Mr s   7_1 is a disgrace and heads must roll over to you .

You're right - their club probably didn't have the attitude "round two minimum" They would need to win one more game than us and I think this is only the second time in their history they've got to round one. We've blown a great chance but to say round two minimum is a crazy expectation.

7-1 is a disgrace, you're right again there. But if we go on a good run again this season, like we were before, I hope you'll recognise it rather than just the bad days.

All the best.

II Didn't say I expected to get to round two every season but I would like to think that any non league manager would like to think that his players would see it as a target .we all have our own thoughts mine is we need new blood nothing against the present management but if I under achieved like they have I would be sacked .

Steve Hill

Back to top Go down

Post by Bristol Mike Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:40 pm

Saturdays result was embarrassing and a financial disaster for the club but the bigger picture is worse. Time and time again on this and other threads people refer to our "good run of form " is that the same run that has us 3 points from relegation. Surely the management are on very thin ice now!

Bristol Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:54 pm

Considering our luck with the draw this season, I was certainly looking at round 2 if we were as fortunate in Monday's draw. Unless there are financial miracles going on behind the scenes, I shudder to think how the club's debts are ever going to be fixed. Ticking clocks and all that. And yet the opportunity to get a windfall from the cup was there and it was blown.

Ans please, let's have no more of this 'freak result' talk. The result was that we lost, and anyone there on Saturday will admit that wasn't a freak. The score may have been a 'one off', but it didn't flatter Thurrock in the slightest.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Eddie Hitler Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:25 am

comrade powell wrote:Considering our luck with the draw this season, I was certainly looking at round 2 if we were as fortunate in Monday's draw. Unless there are financial miracles going on behind the scenes, I shudder to think how the club's debts are ever going to be fixed. Ticking clocks and all that. And yet the opportunity to get a windfall from the cup was there and it was blown.

Ans please, let's have no more of this 'freak result' talk. The result was that we lost, and anyone there on Saturday will admit that wasn't a freak. The score may have been a 'one off', but it didn't flatter Thurrock in the slightest.
Spot on!
Eddie Hitler
Eddie Hitler

Back to top Go down

Post by Bridgeyate Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:28 pm

Perhaps the team are demoralised with the current management team,tactics,team selection etc.Having witnessed the shambles on Saturday it would answer a lot of questions.

Bridgeyate

Back to top Go down

Post by freeview Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:41 pm

Was told today the team travelled fri night, how true that is i don't know. But if they did makes the result even harder to fathom as fatigue from travelling cant be used as the excuse for the second half collapse.

freeview

Back to top Go down

Post by Bridgeyate Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:55 pm

The team travelled on Saturday as they were in the Motorway services at the same time as the supporters coach.

Bridgeyate

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:43 pm

freeview wrote:Was told today the team travelled fri night, how true that is i don't know. But if they did makes the result even harder to fathom as fatigue from travelling cant be used as the excuse for the second half collapse.

Who came up with that?!
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:42 pm

One thing that has been nagging away at me is what time did the players coach arrive at Thurrock?

If it was about an hour before the game then I think this is too little. It wouldn't allow players legs to adjust properly after the journey. Yes they could make a fist of the first half hour but their legs would get tired quickly.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by freeview Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm

Who came up with that?![/quote]

I believe he's a club employee?

freeview

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:23 pm

The team's journey time was very similar to those on the supporters' coach, around 5 hours, including a stop at South Mimms services. There were major hold ups on the M4 and M25. They arrived at the ground at around 1.20 I think. I don't think that's any later than their usual arrival times.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:17 am

So they can't use that as an excuse.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content