Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taunton thread

+12
comrade powell
PHILB1973#
Ashley
Midsomer-steve
kermit
pete mac
Beau Nash
Steve Whites Missus
2weirdtown
Colin Voutt
Luton Roman
LB
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Taunton thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Taunton thread

Post by pete mac Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:43 pm

Totally agree Martin. A soulless place. I had to drink cider!

Great support for City last night. I am sure the players appreciated it.

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Midsomer-steve Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:54 pm

Wow - that was a nice surprise - getting such an avalanche of comments to the question I asked - BUT please cut me some slack here guys. I came in from where I had been last night, and only knew the score-line, so I opened this City Stuff thread to eagerly find out how the game played out. I was not even aware of when we scored in the match, let alone being aware of the seemingly harsh conditions the match was played in. On reflection I should have worded my question differently, like -"Will somebody, who went to the match, please enlighten me as to how the game went - was it a case of City not being at their best - or did Taunton play very well?"

Your comments have now reflected that both parts of my revised question were true. For a team that has just been promoted they are certainly making a fair fist of consolidation in this Division (like we did in our first season in the next level up - in 2010/11), and perhaps it is no surprise our team is a bit jaded at present, having, amongst other things, paid the price of not winning that Cup game at home, and picking up injuries recently. (Loved Jerry's post-match comment last Saturday about what he thinks of these artificial pitches - pity it was serious though - hope that Joe is not out for long).

I have never hidden my enthusiasm for the Club's long term ambition to be in the EFL eventually, but I am still learning to curb it as far as trying to predict where points are likely to come from each season. I think we have a very strong squad this year, all be it a bit short in numbers (as a result of going for quality rather than quantity in spending to our budget limit), and I would like to think that we can beat any team in our Division on the day, and that play-offs, at least, must be our realistic aim this year. Fitness and confidence will be key in the months to come.

This city deserves a football team at a higher level. I would like to still be alive when that day comes.

Up the City.
Midsomer-steve
Midsomer-steve

comrade powell, Beau Nash and Midsomer-chris like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:32 pm

The match got a mention on page 3 of Saturday's i newspaper.  It was a feature about a Japanese bloke who travelled 12,000 miles to see the match - and loved it.  Apparently an Osaka based Brit commentator and Taunton fan has talked them up on TV there.  This has led to Japanese becoming fans there and buying up a lot of club merchandise.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Beau Nash and Midsomer-chris like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2