Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taunton thread

+12
comrade powell
PHILB1973#
Ashley
Midsomer-steve
kermit
pete mac
Beau Nash
Steve Whites Missus
2weirdtown
Colin Voutt
Luton Roman
LB
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Taunton thread Empty Taunton thread

Post by LB Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:43 pm

I assume that Taunton aren't sufficiently high tech that you can buy tickets in advance. Looking at their website it says that they normally only have one turnstile open but will increase it to two if the game warrants it - could be shades of the cup game at Weston otherwise.

LB

Beau Nash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Taunton thread Empty Re: Taunton thread

Post by Luton Roman Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:32 pm

And full price for 67 year old's, haven't seen the Concession bar that high before.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Voutt Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:56 pm

Luton Roman wrote:And full price for 67 year old's, haven't seen the Concession bar that high before.

Clealy a club that is struggling!!!

Colin Voutt

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:07 pm

Can't be struggling too much as parking at the ground is free.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Voutt Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:26 pm

2weirdtown wrote:Can't be struggling too much as parking at the ground is free.

The additional entrance cost covers the parking - especially from the non-drivers.

Colin Voutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:58 am

Luton Roman wrote:And full price for 67 year old's, haven't seen the Concession bar that high before.

Trickle down pricing?

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:52 am

https://tauntontown.com/club/stadium-pricing

Their off field management clearly want to discourage attendance. Evil or Very Mad Too many clubs charge too much at ALL levels...

State pension age is currently 66 but there are also many people to whom £10 is unaffordable on a regular or occasional basis.

Season tickets, whilst offering a discount, are not convenient for many as some people can't or don't want to attend EVERY game. I would like to see a more flexible block booking ticket system, say six or twelve to be used at any league game in the season, purchased at any time.

Beau Nash
Beau Nash

comrade powell likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:57 am

It’s confusing.

It says state pensioners which for many is 65 and more recently (for me) 66.

Very odd to specify 67.

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:00 am

Not sure what you do if you are 67 and a state pensioner!

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:22 pm

I was claiming concessions at away grounds years ago. Started at Rushden and Diamonds when they wanted about £18 to get in. The turnstile operator was about 15 and hadn't got a clue how old I was.
Today at Taunton they couldn't give a monkeys whether you were 60, 65 or 67.
Mind you, at Oxford City a few years back I had to show my driving licence to prove I was an old git.
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Midsomer-steve Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:44 am

So - this thread has all been about the ticket pricing - anybody, who went to the match, care to mention anything about the game - the result of which we can say was 'two points dropped', against a team that we should be beating if we have pretentions of getting promotion this season!?

Last edited by Midsomer-steve on Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Midsomer-steve
Midsomer-steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:59 am

Point gained rather than 2 dropped given the 98th minute equaliser. Not at our best by any stretch but great determination to get the late goal. Pitch looked good but seemed to be a tricky one to play on, especially as the rain got heavier.

Clear why Taunton’s games have had so few goals, they looked very well organised but very little creative threat, and their goal was a fluke.

Ashley

PHILB1973# likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PHILB1973# Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:40 am

I don't know where you got 2 points dropped from Steve and from a personal point of view I would take a good cup run and a decent placed finish over promotion. After playing on that heavy diabolical excuse of a pitch on Saturday and then an extremely slippery pitch last night in what was a battle alright I would happily take a point. Don't forget that Taunton have already beaten Dartford at their ground so they do have a game plan and whilst we weren't classicly smooth last night we did show a lot of resilient and heart to gain a dramatic late leveller.
PHILB1973#
PHILB1973#

comrade powell and 2weirdtown like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:24 am

Well said Phil. I think some are getting a little carried away with a decent start, nothing else, to the season. Taunton were probably the best organised team we’ve faced so far with their excellent defence superbly marshalled by Dan Ball. I’m not surprised they have such a long unbeaten home run and whoever wins there will certainly have earned it.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:29 am

Taunton in that 'difficult to beat' category for me. They always seemed to get a body in the way when needed. Little real threat up front though despite having plenty of possession.
As stated we were not at our best but stuck at it. Neutrals attending with me were impressed that City didn't panic and kept trying to play their way in.
Nice deft flicked header from Fletcher who as always was a constant thorn in their side right from the start. We'll do well to hang on to him.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:11 am

Two points dropped against a team unbeaten at home in 13 months?

Taunton completely lived up to their results this season - defensively superbly drilled but unless they overhaul their frontline they aren't going to score many. Goal was a total fluke and felt like the only way they'd score would be us making a mistake. I expect them to finish about halfway and for a newly promoted side that's decent. Getting a point from there with a 98th minute goal is fine with me.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by City 'til we're relegated Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:16 am

I agree with Phil. An FA Cup run has to be a (the) priority this season. Clubs with FA Cup pedigree gain first class reputations and the free marketing is invaluable. We used to be a cup side and the great cup wins are what linger in the memory of supporters and get passed down to the new generation.

City 'til we're relegated

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:55 am

I think as we were a goal down with 96 minutes on the clock that is a point gained not two dropped. To be honest when I saw the starting line up I would have settled for a point at 7.45.
I thought our subs made more impact than theirs especially when Lines came on. As others have said, we weren’t at our best but this is another game we would have lost a couple of seasons ago.
Agree about a cup run - even to the 1st Round would be nice as now it is national at that stage there is the chance of meeting the likes of Derby and Ipswich, but let’s ruin Sevenoaks’ biggest ever day first.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:21 am

Agree a cup run is 1st priority.
Def a point gained especially as we've recently also had that 2 hour cup replay.
Impressed with their keeper. His handling, anticipation and positioning very good.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:28 pm

And didn't Taunton do well in the cup prior to rising up to the Nat South?
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Newman Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:35 pm

I think the difference was the introduction of Lines, Freer and Wilson. Their quality seemed to change the game from a dour struggle to a more concerted probing of a strong Taunton defence.
Not sure if the ball did cross the line in the incident prior to the eventual goal. Their number 11 certainly celebrated the non-decision.
Anway made no difference in the end,

Peter Newman

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:05 pm

Yes Peter. Their number 11 was a total dickhead the way he tried to wind the City fans up when the ball bounced on the line. 30 seconds later, after Fletcher's goal he ran away as fast as he could. Who was he anyway? He might get some stick when we play them next time.
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:19 pm

Joe Guest. I thought his tackle on Lines was disgusting as well, appeared to injure himself doing it.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by sirkev Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:23 pm

kermit wrote:Yes Peter. Their number 11 was a total dickhead the way he tried to wind the City fans up when the ball bounced on the line. 30 seconds later, after Fletcher's goal he ran away as fast as he could. Who was he anyway? He might get some stick when we play them next time.

Got to be honest that no 11 riled me up with his "calm down posturing" but it was a sweet moment when he ran off as the City fans were celebrating!!

sirkev

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:45 pm

I don’t think I’ve seen so many food outlets at a non league ground. They all appeared to be pop up affairs rather than run by the Club but there was a good selection. Which is more than be said for their clubhouse which for me has finally relegated Thurrock’s to second place as the worst we’ve ever visited. Just fridges full of overpriced cans of nondescript beer and lager which you could buy at the local supermarket for quarter of the price. Taunton’s fans clearly don’t rate the place as hardly any of them were in there.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Beau Nash and pete mac like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next