Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bath City 0 Hungerford 1

+2
comrade powell
BenE
6 posters

Go down

Bath City 0 Hungerford 1 Empty Bath City 0 Hungerford 1

Post by BenE Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:52 am

Hungerfords tactics are not pretty but they are effective. Spoiling the opposition play and hitting them on the break.
But if we had taken our chances we would have won. I've lost count of the number of times we've hit the woodwork this season. The luck has just not been with us.
Still I thought it was a gritty performance by the lads and they deserved more from it.
BenE
BenE

threeday week likes this post

Back to top Go down

Bath City 0 Hungerford 1 Empty Re: Bath City 0 Hungerford 1

Post by comrade powell Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:15 am

Agreed, we'll probably play worse than that this season and win. Special mention to Jack Batten who looks back to his best and led the team well.

And well done to the Club for organising the tribute to Marvin and to the ref for allowing the break in play.
comrade powell
comrade powell

the demon headmaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Voutt Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:39 am

I must we travelled to the match very hopeful of a good result.

As soon as I identified who the ref. was, I feared the worse.

Two penalty shouts , one at each end - only one penalty - well done to Will for his save.

I will say no more and leave the comments to Jerry.

Colin Voutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:53 am

Enjoyable game with a good performance from City, result could have gone either way, stopping the game for the minutes applause was the ref's best moment in an inconsistent performance, however, we need to be putting away these chances. Annoying keeper did well despite his sh*thousery antics.

And a word for Bob Chester who set up the Welsh 'Arabs' for their visit, they were full of praise for him ,would have spent plenty at the game and were a decent bunch of lads.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:49 pm

A game spoilt by poor officials. We do need to get that ball into the oppositions net.......

Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:27 pm

Colin Voutt wrote:I must we travelled to the match very hopeful of a good result.

As soon as I identified who the ref. was, I feared the worse.

Two penalty shouts , one at each end - only one penalty - well done to Will for his save.

I will say no more and leave the comments to Jerry.

Jerry's post match interview has wound up some of the Hungerford fans on social media!

Too far away to see whether the Hungerford penalty decision was right or not, but assistant seemed to give it even though further away than referee - pity the assistant on the Popular Side wasn't as keen to get involved when Joey got mugged in the box a bit later. Hopefully we won't see Mr Wootton again this season.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down