Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City v. Poole

+11
yuffie
sned
the demon headmaster
stillmanjunior
LB
kermit
Sir Ged Roddy
Beau Nash
comrade powell
BenE
Luton Roman
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

City v. Poole - Page 2 Empty Re: City v. Poole

Post by Beau Nash Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:23 pm

comrade powell wrote:I think we've both misread each other's posts! Yes, there are 5 clubs, including us who could finish in 7th position - I wasn't saying there is a rule re 'no lower than 7th' but I think there is!

I believe the answer lies somewhere in this thread from the conference south forum...

http://conferencesouthnomads.freeforums.org/the-play-offs-t1403.html

The comments in that thread go from well constructed serious discussion to hilarious banter.  I note we have a director (or is it former director) commenting in it as well as Yuffers.

Regarding the play offs and rules, the league officials will need to use their "back of a fag packet" / toss of a coin system in the next two weeks or maybe a postponement of the play offs until the legal stuff is sorted. Rolling Eyes

It looks like an interesting end to the season, whatever the outcome, for all the clubs involved. alien
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:49 pm

All that didn't stop them a couple of seasons back when Enfield Town had a legitimate appeal about an ineligible player issue, which was just swept under the carpet. So I don't imagine they'll play the game any differently this time.

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:05 pm

comrade powell wrote:I agree about the ref, Yuffie - my favourite from the last few years. As a tribute to him, please post that photo...

What this one ...

City v. Poole - Page 2 1500408217_4fc5d0a457_z

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:08 pm

Okay I know you really mean this one

City v. Poole - Page 2 2359838004_57ee6b951d_z

I was hoping to get a similar one with Axel yesterday.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:29 pm

Yes I did mean the second one! But please tell me he reffed the Havant game and my respect for him will be total! Very Happy
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:55 pm

comrade powell wrote:Yes I did mean the second one! But please tell me he reffed the Havant game and my respect for him will be total! Very Happy

Unfortunately not!

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:34 pm

With just two games to go we may have just fallen short with regard the play offs but it is worth reflecting on the progress made in the last eighteen months.

OK we have more points but we also have scored a lot more goals. Five games where we have scored 4 or more. There used to be times when I wondered whether we would ever try to score more than two. What a turn around. It has been achieved too without a really prolific striker. Goals have truly been spread around. We even score from corners.

I feel really very positive.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:44 pm

Me to Benny.
Interesting comments from Poole manager about City being very good when we try. Something GO clearly has picked up.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/football/15229360.Poole_boss_Killick_admits_his_side_were_well_beaten_following_defeat_at_Bath/

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:00 pm

Luton Roman wrote:Me to Benny.
Interesting comments from Poole manager about City being very good when we try. Something GO clearly has picked up.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/football/15229360.Poole_boss_Killick_admits_his_side_were_well_beaten_following_defeat_at_Bath/

Can't disagree with that comment. A little bit more consistency next season and a summer practicing penalties to make up for Axel going and we could be in with a shout.

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:35 pm

I said to my wife that we rarely have two back to back good performances when we have two games in a week so I was privately hoping we would under perform against Thurrock.

Quite why it all clicked so spectacularly against Poole I don't know but the talent is there for all to see - especially Morgan.

Maybe the players were told they were playing for contracts. I personally am not enthused by players that only turn it on when they have to. I can easily see some doing exactly the same next season if they get re-signed on - ie going through the motions.

BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:13 pm

Just watched the game on Romans on Demand.  Very good and everyone put in a shift.  On paper it looks an odd City formation with 4 attackers/strikers but with Morgan, McCootie and (to a lesser extent) Watkins tracking back it worked very well.
Nice to see Sekani involved too, even though he was on for the unfortunate Rigg.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:20 am

Sir Ged Roddy wrote:Right; if City beat Chelmsford and Welling (total of 65 points), we just need Wealdstone to draw with Hungerford at home and East Thurrock away (64 points) and Hampton to draw away to Welling and home to Concord (65 points, but by then an inferior goal difference).  
Simple!
Are you sure Sir Ged? Wouldn't we have to not only get 6 points but win by more than a single goal? The league table I looked at would suggest we need to get to a 24 goal difference, so +4 over two games.
Of course it will probably be irrelevant by 16.50 on Saturday!
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:10 pm

BenE wrote:I said to my wife that we rarely have two back to back good performances when we have two games in a week so I was privately hoping we would under perform against Thurrock.

Bloody hell, your poor wife if you bring your speculations back home with as well. I get away with answering the "Did they win?" question and that's it. That's since she bought part of the club as well!
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:30 pm

she wasn't listening
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:40 pm

I was wondering who was performing with who and the high standard required!

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:43 pm

Steady
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down