Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City v Poole

+11
pete mac
BenE
Skyblue
Eddie Hitler
comrade powell
stillmanjunior
London Calling
Beau Nash
bonzodog
yuffie
Luton Roman
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

City v Poole Empty City v Poole

Post by Luton Roman Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:48 pm

4 on bench Inc Jim according to twitter, We can have 7 in cup.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

City v Poole Empty Re: City v Poole

Post by Luton Roman Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:09 pm

Ht 0-0

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:10 pm

1-0 kington

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:04 pm

1-1

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:26 pm

Disappointing to draw a match we looked to have sewn up. Fair play to Poole who seemed to find a second wind last 15 mins. They are miles ahead in their league and I guess we'll be playing them next season.
Ref was not good, possibly cost us the goal though I couldn't see clearly whether Mellor was fouled.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:32 pm

Frustrating that we didn't kill the game when the Poole players seemed more concerned with shouting at each other than trying to play football.

So, only ourselves to blame that we weren't out of sight by stoppage time which would have made a typical pathetic (non)decision by the referee meaningless.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by bonzodog Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:35 pm

Poor substitutions cost us today.

bonzodog

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:49 pm

No they didn't but I can understand why you'd want to think that.

Having got over the disappointment of the late equaliser I don't think we have anything to fear from them on Tuesday. We need to be more clinical (which I accept is a big ask) but apart from the opening ten minutes or so we looked in control of the game. And having just seen the video of their goal and it does look like Mellor was fouled twice so in the end it took help from the referee to give them a draw.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by bonzodog Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:54 pm

I don't want to think, it was the reason.

bonzodog

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:57 pm

Richard111 wrote:I don't want to think

Fair enough.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:02 pm

Frustrating but mainly entertaining game...2weird & Yuffers sum it up accurately, we dominated the second half. Where is the video of the Poole goal?
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by London Calling Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:13 pm

Gutted we couldn't make it two wins in a row today, as I'm sure the players are. Also disappointed we didn't play on the floor more in the first half, as soon as we started doing that in the second half we looked far more dangerous.

London Calling

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:59 pm

yuffie wrote:
Having got over the disappointment of the late equaliser I don't think we have anything to fear from them on Tuesday.

Famous last words! I fear this has got Gosport of 2 years ago written all over it. Just hope it's a decent pitch and we keep the ball on the ground, otherwise I can see their giants at the back bossing it.

Great shame we didn't take a few half chances, as we battled well to dominate them for long periods. Haven't been at all impressed with what I've seen of Kington before today, but he did well and his goal was a beauty. Hopefully McCootie will be fit enough to start on Tuesday - he looked absolutely spent when he came off.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:25 pm

How was the long awaited Patten cameo?

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:01 pm

comrade powell wrote:Famous last words! I fear this has got Gosport of 2 years ago written all over it. Just hope it's a decent pitch and we keep the ball on the ground, otherwise I can see their giants at the back bossing it.

I thought we played far better today than that first tie against Gosport, when we were fortunate to get a replay. But it will be a tricky tie.

Was chatting to the Poole journo who said the difference in standard between us and the league below was huge. Said that they hadn't really been tested this season, this was the first time. I personally thought we should have won today and going by our away performances this season we could be ok. My fear is Poole will show more form of why they're top of the league below and we will be in for a tough evening.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:23 pm

Apart from their eccentric keeper, I thought Poole's other weakness was up front where they seemed slow to react to openings created. However, their goals record in the league suggests they're no slouches and we'll have to be at our best on tuesday.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:27 pm

Luton Roman wrote:4 on bench Inc Jim according to twitter, We can have 7 in cup.

and another was a loanee who had never played in our team before today. as pete macca commented a few weeks back, it looks really amateurish.

ironically if there had been a result today, hardly any of the team would have played at radstock on monday. were we saving some of those who would have played for that oh so important game?
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:19 pm

As Mark says, the big difference between today and Gosport was that in the latter game we were lucky to draw, today Poole were the lucky ones.

And as for only being able to name four subs, I might be wrong but I think you have to pay to register players for the FA Cup, so why bother doing this for three other players who won't be needed. In Stearn, Patten and Bowman we had subs that could cover any requirement, so I can understand why the club wouldn't want to spend money they don't have to add names to the teamsheet.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:46 am

Did Gibbons play for Paulton today? He didn't in the last round as he was with us at Bishop's Stortford.

Cheltenham don't want Bobbie Dale cup tied apparently.

My guess is the Radstock game will be academy players plus Jim.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:14 am

stillmanjunior wrote:

My guess is the Radstock game will be academy players plus Jim.

in which case, I'll repeat my unanswered question of a few weeks back - what is the point of the under 21 squad?
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:16 am

yuffie wrote: In Stearn, Patten and Bowman we had subs that could cover any requirement, so I can understand why the club wouldn't want to spend money they don't have to add names to the teamsheet.

which one in goal if mellor had had to come off after being 'taken out of the game'? Wink
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:56 pm

They're not back at the Uni yet? Maybe they are now, I was just speculating. We could field a team of Sunday players for Somerset Premier Cup and I wouldn't mind.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:38 pm

I can't believe that these students just restarting at uni have had absolutely no involvement in football since last season. still, give them a couple of weeks and they should be warming our bench...
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Eddie Hitler Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:30 pm

Beau Nash wrote:.....Where is the video of the Poole goal?
Yes - where?
On the way out of the ground yesterday, I overheard thier supporters muttering about how we'd struggle with their wide pitch. Sounds like a perfect time to get Bowman back in the starting 11.
Eddie Hitler
Eddie Hitler

Back to top Go down

Post by Skyblue Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:58 pm

Thought this deserved a bit of editing, up there with Noah's wonder strike last season. Love the defender ducking out the way and the ball parting the keeper's hands.

Skyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next