Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

14-15 End of Season Awards

+8
pete mac
comrade powell
yuffie
thomasmaxbaer
stillmanjunior
Steve Whites Missus
Eddie Hitler
Beau Nash
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

14-15 End of Season Awards Empty 14-15 End of Season Awards

Post by Beau Nash Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:52 am

I have just noticed this, club website 10th April - http://www.bathcityfc.com/news14.htm  - only three days to go, is it somewhere else on the Forum, Facebook, Twitter, Bath Chronicle. Question

Apart from the voting - http://www.bathcityfc.com/2015_vote.pdf - what else happens.  Question

Suggestions for young supporter. Question

Am I going senile (don't answer that  silent I know I am sometimes) but surely this major season event has more publicity somewhere.  Question
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

14-15 End of Season Awards Empty Re: 14-15 End of Season Awards

Post by Eddie Hitler Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:39 pm

I wasnt made aware of voting forms being available last night. Dissapointing 125th anniversary all-round.
As for player of the year I recommend a vote for Ross Stearn to put egg on the faces of the management when they release him in the summer.
Eddie Hitler
Eddie Hitler

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:19 pm

Beau Nash wrote:

Thomas. He makes nearly all of the away games, whether by supporters coach, or not

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:37 pm

Eddie Hitler wrote:I wasnt made aware of voting forms being available last night. Dissapointing 125th anniversary all-round.

Think I announced it a couple of times and there's mentions in the programme?
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:14 pm

Steve Whites Missus wrote:
Beau Nash wrote:

Thomas.  He makes nearly all of the away games, whether by supporters coach, or not

If you mean - thomasmaxbaer - then I will vote for him.  He is so keen that he was looking for a lift to the Radstock game.  Comrade said he would drive to Combe Down to collect Thomas if there was no other alternative. Wink
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:37 pm

That's the one.

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by Eddie Hitler Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:33 pm

stillmanjunior wrote:
Eddie Hitler wrote:I wasnt made aware of voting forms being available last night. Dissapointing 125th anniversary all-round.

Sorry mate. Rarely hear announcements.
Eddie Hitler
Eddie Hitler

Back to top Go down

Post by thomasmaxbaer Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:42 pm

Thank you very much! However, I wouldn't bother voting for me as I won't be there . I am doing my bronze duke of Edinburgh walk and will be somewhere in Exmoor!

thomasmaxbaer

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:58 pm

Walk back to pick it up you lightweight ;-)

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:18 pm

Eddie Hitler wrote:As for player of the year I recommend a vote for Ross Stearn to put egg on the faces of the management when they release him in the summer.

Without rising to the 'release' comment it is interesting that until last night he was the only player to play a part in every (non-Somerset Premier Cup) game this season.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:24 pm

Eddie Hitler wrote:
stillmanjunior wrote:

Sorry mate. Rarely hear announcements.

No matter, t'was also on page 4 of the programme and I'm sure had you seen Bob Chester (who does about three laps of the ground I'd say selling programme at home games) he would have assisted as well. I am pretty sure there was adverts on the TV screens in the bar too but stand to be corrected.

I agree that we could have done more for the 125. Maybe we should make a big thing about the Staines game, which will be our 250th in Conference South.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:41 pm

So can I take it that given the lack of detail or response from the organisers this is a NON event and there will be another event after the season end when players and management will be present so that supporters can thank them all for their efforts this season. Question
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:18 pm

What extra detail or response do you require? As someone who was involved with this event for years when the Supporters Club organised it, I can assure you it's a pretty thankless task. The person who took on the task this time has performed miracles for the club this season and must be longing for it to finish. I hope he does not read your comments.
It's always easier to sit on the side doing nothing but criticise...
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:44 pm

Beau Nash wrote:So can I take it that given the lack of detail or response from the organisers this is a NON event and there will be another event after the season end when players and management will be present so that supporters can thank them all for their efforts this season. Question

What a bizarre - though hardly out of character - post.

The event had been publicised in all the usual places - website, programme, paper, tannoy. Admittedly, I've not seen a plane flying over the City trailing a banner or a commercial during the ad-breaks in Game of Thrones on Monday.

And where have you got the idea the players and management won't be there on Saturday? Luckily they all need to be there earlier in the afternoon so probably will hang around afterwards.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:07 am

The Football Club has an email list of supporters, Club website, Facebook, Twitter, this Forum, KerslakeSport...where is the detail of items for this event. Question

Publicity in detail for this event has been virtually nil:
I can find only one news item on the club website, a few days ago, with no detail other than a link to the voting form which according to the instruction on it has only one way of being used ie to be handed in to the club office.
Match day programme, I and many others don't see its content.
What paper. Question I haven't seen it on the Chronicle website, I don't read the hard copy.
Tannoy is very difficult to hear clearly and not the place to give detail.

What about Players Player of the Year, is that part of this event.Question

I am not making adverse criticism of anyone's effort just the lack of easily available detailed information. So comrade or yuffie (or anyone else), instead of being defensive and taking umbrage, do you know what is happening at this event; is there a list or timetable. Question
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:15 am

The details as per news story on website as:

City will hold their 2014-15 End of Season Awards in Charlie's Bar at 5.45pm on Saturday 18 April 2015, following the final home fixture of the campaign versus Sutton United. Voting forms are available from the club office, ticket office and at the turnstiles before the home fixtures versus Ebbsfleet United on Tuesday 14 April and Sutton United and can be downloaded here. All entries must be received by 3pm on Saturday 18 April 2015.

This seems to correlate with the info I had on my form which came in the programme for the either the Hayes, or Bromley match can't quite remember.

Download the form here...

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:17 pm

Beau Nash wrote:
Match day programme, I and many others don't see its content.
Tannoy is very difficult to hear clearly and not the place to give detail.

I am not making adverse criticism of anyone's effort just the lack of easily available detailed information. So comrade or yuffie (or anyone else), instead of being defensive and taking umbrage, do you know what is happening at this event; is there a list or timetable. Question [/color]

1. For the last two games it has been on page 4, Commercial News, quite a big headline, with the text:
Player of the Season Voting Forms
These forms will be available tonight and at our final home game against Sutton United on 18th April. The presentations of all the “End of Season Awards” will be made after the game against Sutton United. Please return your voting slips to the club office by 3pm on 18th April and stay after the game to support this occasion.

2. It is slightly difficult to hear when you don't attend home matches, I agree. Ironically one of the stewards has asked me to turn it down a few times. But I can assure you it has been read out.

To me if I was desperate for information for this I'd ask on the forum/contact the club etc, not make a childish rant filled with even more childish emoticons. Tuesday for example - I received the Ebbsfleet teamsheet but it didn't have the captain listed on it. I tweeted their club. Response within five minutes, problem solved.

Last year the club ran a Race Night to go alongside the awards but I don't think it was a success. And seeing as Bob has probably spent months organising this Legends Evening, and works his socks off elsewhere trying to make money for us, he probably didn't have the time to organise something else which, going by last year, won't be worthwhile? The bar should still be busy after the game (even I might pop in) so I'm sure it'll be ok.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

14-15 End of Season Awards Empty Effort

Post by pete mac Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:39 pm

I think people forget that the Club doesn't have paid staff who can do all these things. It relies on a lot of volunteer effort.

Looking forward to tomorrow. Lots going on with the awards and the Society EGM.

I'll be one of the exiles sponsoring the game.

lets hope we can get 500 plus. Last Tuesday's crowd was very worrying!

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:26 pm

pete mac wrote:I think people forget that the Club doesn't have paid staff who can do all these things. It relies on a lot of volunteer effort.

Well Meau Nash certainly seems to have forgotten!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Midsomer-steve Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:56 pm

stillmanjunior wrote:[Last year the club ran a Race Night to go alongside the awards but I don't think it was a success. And seeing as Bob has probably spent months organising this Legends Evening, and works his socks off elsewhere trying to make money for us, he probably didn't have the time to organise something else which, going by last year, won't be worthwhile? The bar should still be busy after the game (even I might pop in) so I'm sure it'll be ok.

I do not want to come across as super-critical about this End Of Season Awards Presentation event tomorrow evening, as I am a huge fan of Bobs and agree with every word of praise that is lavished on him re all the work he does; but just to pick up on where this event is being held again this year.
I cannot believe that the Club is going to cram it into Charlies, and not the whole of the Clubhouse. There was considerable disgruntlement about the event last year - a poor mike, and a race night that didn't really get off the ground (and was eventually abandoned before it was due to end), race cards being sold to unsuspecting people who didn't understand them; but the overwhelming grouse was that it was far too crowded, and, except for those people in the 'front rows' the majority of us could not hear, let alone see, the presentations being made. Because the event, quite rightly, included presentations to the 'junior' teams as well, unless you were in that room half an hour before 'kick-off' you had nowhere to sit!
I know that a lot of fans brought their 'better halves' with them last year, but I am pretty sure that had Andy W not assured everyone that the lesson had been learnt and the whole clubhouse would be available next time, they would not have considered coming again.
Randalls has the stage, which would enable a much better viewing of the presentations.
Lastly - if we are expecting lots of supporters to pour into Charlies straight after the match, where will poor ol' players - especially those from Sutton, have their post-match grub? It will be the height of bad manners by the Club if they had nowhere to sit!
Midsomer-steve
Midsomer-steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Eddie Hitler Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:36 am

I don't get a programme any had t heard the announcements, so like beau Nash, I picked it up on the website only a week before the event.
I am away this weekend but had I had more notice I would have changed my plans. Surely it's not a spur of the moment decision so couldn't we have had maybe a months notice?
I do appreciate the efforts of volunteers but and as I think I've said elsewhere I am dissapointed with the 125 year celebrations. I didn't go to the Legends night as I was saving my pennies for what I thought might be the 'main event' at the end of the season but it snow seems like that was it. Shame
Eddie Hitler
Eddie Hitler

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:02 am

I announced it at least five times - before game, half-time, after game. Only bit I missed was during it, which I probably could have done for Hayes & Yeading as little else was going on.

Apologies you've missed all of those. From a personal point of view if I was interested in what was going on with the End of Season Awards I would have contacted the club directly, even if it was weeks in advance. Problem solved.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Voutt Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:13 am

stillmanjunior wrote:I announced it at least five times - before game, half-time, after game. Only bit I missed was during it, which I probably could have done for Hayes & Yeading as little else was going on.

On the poplar side there is no certainty an announcement is heard

Apologies you've missed all of those. From a personal point of view if I was interested in what was going on with the End of Season Awards I would have contacted the club directly, even if it was weeks in advance. Problem solved.

The majority are not as pro-active as you.

Colin Voutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:44 pm

Midsomer-steve wrote:...but just to pick up on where this event is being held again this year.
I cannot believe that the Club is going to cram it into Charlies, and not the whole of the Clubhouse. There was considerable disgruntlement about the event last year - a poor mike, and a race night that didn't really get off the ground (and was eventually abandoned before it was due to end), race cards being sold to unsuspecting people who didn't understand them; but the overwhelming grouse was that it was far too crowded, and, except for those people in the 'front rows' the majority of us could not hear, let alone see, the presentations being made. Because the event, quite rightly, included presentations to the 'junior' teams as well, unless you were in that room half an hour before 'kick-off' you had nowhere to sit!
I know that a lot of fans brought their 'better halves' with them last year, but I am pretty sure that had Andy W not assured everyone that the lesson had been learnt and the whole clubhouse would be available next time, they would not have considered coming again.
Randalls has the stage, which would enable a much better viewing of the presentations.
Lastly - if we are expecting lots of supporters to pour into Charlies straight after the match, where will poor ol' players - especially those from Sutton, have their post-match grub? It will be the height of bad manners by the Club if they had nowhere to sit! 

Players will probably be in the upstairs facilities for their post match pizza.

Thanks for that reminder Steve.  In my senile moment I had forgotten that chaotic night when I walked in, turned around, and went straight back out as did many others.  A great pity as I was looking forward to it, the idea was great and Andy had confirmed the details.

So in the absence of any information about this year another fiasco beckons. Question I will go elsewhere for my Saturday night out.  Neutral

That makes c.£450 of revenue the club has NOT had from me this season from the £500 I offered at the start.  
confused
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm

So just £50 to find for that community share. No doubt you will be one of the first in the queue once the offer is launched...
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next