Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naby Diallo

4 posters

Go down

Naby Diallo Empty Naby Diallo

Post by A36 Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:30 pm

According to Simon's preview on the official website "Both sides look set to go into the match with a full squad from which to choose."  I had heard rumours that Diallo's sending off at Dover was being appealed by the club (although it did look a clear red card offence from where I was stood).  Does this mean that the appeal has been successful?  If the red card at Dover were rescinded, then the red card in the replay would mean a one match suspension for the Somerset Premier Cup game next Tuesday, and Diallo would be available for both legs of the semi final.  There is no mention of an appeal (successful or unsuccessful) on the FA website.  If the red card at Dover is not rescinded then that would be a three match suspension followed by a two match suspension for the red card in the replay, which would cover the two FA Trophy games, the Somerset Premier Cup game and the league games at Basingstoke and Hemel Hempstead.

A36

Back to top Go down

Naby Diallo Empty Re: Naby Diallo

Post by comrade powell Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:50 pm

Don't get your hopes up - I was told by a reliable source that the appeal had failed.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:57 pm

FA website has a 5 game awaiting suspension starting tomorrow, ending 10th March, bizarrely when you would think it would end on the 5th game so no need for a date.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by A36 Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:21 pm

comrade powell wrote:Don't get your hopes up - I was told by a reliable source that the appeal had failed.
Perhaps your reliable source needs to pass that information on to Simon (for the benefit of his preview). Also, did your source mention whether the FA considered the appeal to be "frivolous" (with appropriate additional sanction)?

A36

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:57 pm

I would imagine the onus is on Simon to ask for the necessary information. And no, I was given no further details about the FA's response. Would you like me to ask?
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:00 pm

My mistake. I have corrected the preview now.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by A36 Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:19 pm

yuffie wrote:My mistake. I have corrected the preview now.
Would it be too pedantic to mention that Curtis Bateson, who started North Ferriby's previous game at home to Tamworth, is cup tied as he played for Gainsborough Trinity in their 3-0 defeat by AFC Fylde in the first round?

A36

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:00 pm

Yes. That's why I also added 'nearly' a full squad to choose from Cool

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down