Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manager of the Month

+6
stillmanjunior
comrade powell
miker
yuffie
Luton Roman
thomasmaxbaer
10 posters

Go down

Manager of the Month Empty Manager of the Month

Post by thomasmaxbaer Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:36 pm

Lee Howells has been announced as conf south manager of the month

thomasmaxbaer

Back to top Go down

Manager of the Month Empty Re: Manager of the Month

Post by Luton Roman Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:48 pm

Well done Lee and the rest of the management team.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:08 pm

I don't think anyone could claim it isn't thoroughly deserved.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by miker Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:51 pm

Lee has been given some stick from time to time on the forum this season so I am pleased that he has now been given this deserved award...well done.

miker

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:15 pm

Very pleased for him. Let's hope he wins it in March as well as it will mean we are Trophy winners!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:51 pm

Congrats, keep up the good work.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:00 am

Well, that's us buggered for tomorrow.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:10 am

Marc Monitor wrote:Well, that's us buggered for tomorrow.

The Whitehawk defeat dealt with the curse. Further proof of what a great move it was to play an understrength side.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by cannonball Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:18 pm

Great news and congratulations to him for winning it!

At the end of the day, we all just want Bath City to do well on the pitch and even though it is only for one month out of a season, in winning the award performances and results have to be very impressive, which by and large they have been for quite a few weeks now.

I have criticised Lee (and Adie) many times over the past couple of seasons on many things, but fair play to them they seem to have finally got the squad playing for them in a way which is easy on the eye whilst getting consistent results.

Lets hope the level of performance and results sequence continues today in what is accepted as the most important game in the clubs history for quite a long while against probably the best side left in the tournament.....it won't be easy but they are capable of doing it if they can get to half time still in the game.
cannonball
cannonball

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:06 pm

Yes, I have been critical of Adie and Lee and still have concerns with regard Stearn not starting and their signings. However, results are proving me wrong and them right and I am happy to be proved wrong in these circumstances. What I will say has been consistent is the signs of wanting to play really good football and we are successful when we play more and more of this. This is obviously coming from Howells/Britton and some of the football I have seen has been of brilliant quality. Not only that but supporters of other clubs and visitors have commented on how well we play.

More of this and me being proved wrong would be welcomes.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by OliverH Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:36 pm

Agree with Marc, happy to eat some humble pie on this as I was one of those saying it was probably time for a change last autumn. Looking forward to Tuesday!
OliverH
OliverH

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcnulty Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:14 pm

I was critical of the management duo. Happy to see them proving a lot of people wrong , this week has been a triumph however disappointing the end was today. A win away at Eastbourne, a creditable performance away again Tuesday night and nearly one of the greatest days in the clubs recent history today. My main issue was that we sometimes stopped playing when ahead by a goal, even if we were dominating, hopefully that is no longer the case but I would maintain that we sometimes still drop too deep and end up with a hanging on mentality.
Like several have said, we are a better side when going forward and playing to our strengths. Sitting back and holding on isn't reallt one of those!
I think the management did very well a few months ago especially when the squad was down to the bare bones, chas in central midfield has been a revelation. Now with a virtually fully fit Squad to choose from we are seeing what this team can achieve.

Mcnulty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down