Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staines Goals

+4
yuffie
Marc Monitor
stillmanjunior
Skyblue
8 posters

Go down

Staines Goals Empty Staines Goals

Post by Skyblue Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:54 pm

Skyblue

Back to top Go down

Staines Goals Empty Re: Staines Goals

Post by Skyblue Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:59 pm

Skyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:04 pm

Blimey, talk about a goal looking completely different second time around. I feel like a complete fool giving that to Watkins and I thought Pratt had bundled into the keeper for some reason!
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:30 pm

I wouldn't worry. Both goals (well, the incident that led to the penalty) were befuddling.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:46 pm

The penalty looked clear cut - the defender just kicked Ball on the knee - but whilst the angle isn't great I think Pratt may have been just in front of Watkins for the second goal, so offside.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:58 pm

From our side of the ground, we could not understand what had happened. At first, we thought it had just crossed the line - in the fashion of the second goal, as it goes - then we thought that there had been a handball on the line. The last thing we thought was that there had been a foul.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:02 pm

Ah right. From a few yards away I knew it was given for a foul on Ball, although it was only the lack of complaints from Staines players that suggested it was the right decision at the time.

For the second goal a few people in the enclosure where saying that - whilst Ball was down - the keeper was complaining that the ball hadn't crossed the line for the second goal which at the time seemed nonsense, and the video just shows that wasn't an issue.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by the demon headmaster Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:52 pm

Also a great build up to the second goal. Very neat approach play despite the pitch looking a bit rough.

the demon headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:29 am

yuffie wrote:The penalty looked clear cut - the defender just kicked Ball on the knee - but whilst the angle isn't great I think Pratt may have been just in front of Watkins for the second goal, so offside.

Live it looked like Watkins was on the goal line and Pratt was behind the ball, will watch the vid in the morning!

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:58 pm

the demon headmaster wrote:Also a great build up to the second goal. Very neat approach play despite the pitch looking a bit rough.

Yes, it's actually a very good team goal.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon_BOA Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:03 am

Wow, the second goal (apart from the final scrappy finish) is infinitely better than I realised, clearly was still grumbling about the conceeded goal, rather than watching what was a great build up.

The penalty from our position was clearly given for the kick on Ball, as we were closer and level we actually heard the boot connect with Bally! Was a needless tackle as Ball was going away from goal.

Jon_BOA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down