Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

v Basingstoke

+14
Micawber
2weirdtown
yuffie
Harlech
BenE
comrade powell
Marc Monitor
Colin Voutt
stillmanjunior
Mark Tanner
roscopeekotrain
FarmerFernandez
Ashley
Beau Nash
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

v Basingstoke - Page 3 Empty Re: v Basingstoke

Post by Beau Nash Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:17 pm

BenE wrote:maybe I'm being selfish here but what I would like to see is gates of 1000 people every game. The reason for this is that it so much more enjoyable and atmospheric watching football in a crowd.
Look in the archives for season 2006/07 Chippenham at TP 2044 and 2010/11 season average 1071;  there are many people in Bath who want to watch football but only when it is entertaining and those seasons certainly were...
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bear Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:28 am

Chippnumb was the only true derby game I can remember; forget Yeovile, WSM, Yate,Forest Gump, Team Bath etc, nothing stirred the blood like a fixture with Chippnumb from the forum banter to the crowds and the atmosphere.

Can we have our old emoticons back please?

Lord Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:38 am

In 2010/11 we were boosted by teams bringing hundreds of away supporters. I doubt the total away support brought in the whole of this season will match the number Luton had when they played at our place.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:53 am

stillmanjunior wrote:In 2010/11 we were boosted by teams bringing hundreds of away supporters. I doubt the total away support brought in the whole of this season will match the number Luton had when they played at our place.

If our average was 1071 it is highly unlikely that is made up of over 500 away supporters every game. At a conservative estimate there were 300 extra Bath City fans per game. Are you saying we couldn't get those fans back?
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bear Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:04 am

It will take years to repair the damage done in recent seasons; people have got out of the habit of attending and a connection has been broken. It will take something special to attract back those for whom City was an adopted second club.

Lord Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Tanner Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:30 am

An FA Cup draw against Blackpool at home might do it next season  Laughing 
Mark Tanner
Mark Tanner

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:56 am

BenE wrote:
stillmanjunior wrote:In 2010/11 we were boosted by teams bringing hundreds of away supporters. I doubt the total away support brought in the whole of this season will match the number Luton had when they played at our place.

If our average was 1071 it is highly unlikely that is made up of over 500 away supporters every game. At a conservative estimate there were 300 extra Bath City fans per game. Are you saying we couldn't get those fans back?

I didn't say it was made up of 500 away supporters at every game, I said it helped that we could rely on the opposition bringing more than a car load.

There were obviously extra home supporters at most games. It's easy to try and encourage people to come along and watch us play big clubs like Wrexham/York/Luton/Cambridge etc. I don't think our crowds were boosted much when we played the likes of Tamworth and Braintree, who are similar size to the clubs we play now.

We haven't even got teams like Worcester/Gloucester etc who could drum up a bit more interest. Our league is pretty blergh.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:08 pm

Mark Tanner wrote:An FA Cup draw against Blackpool at home might do it next season  Laughing 
That would see the return of the Bear.  bounce  cheers  (Agree with LB, bring back or add the gamut of emoticons; comrade agrees too)  lol!
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3