Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chelmsford game

5 posters

Go down

Chelmsford game Empty Chelmsford game

Post by Luton Roman Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:59 pm

Tight 1st 40m where Chelmsford dominated possession without creating. Then a Buse punch out met with brilliant volley to put them 1 up. Great start to 2nd half saw Scotty bag another one  but sloppy defending saw a simple header for 2-1.  Crucial miss from Frear after brilliant Clark cross. They kept pushing forward and rewarded with a 3rd. We kept at it, forcing  corners, scuffed shots and headers didnt threaten. Chelmsford were decent
confident in possession all over the field and deserved winners. Parcelle injured early and subbed was worrying. We need bodies to get the remaining points needed. Its on a knife edge imo despite JGs confident post match view.

Luton Roman

Paul1978, Peter Newman and Mazzer like this post

Back to top Go down

Chelmsford game Empty Re: Chelmsford game

Post by Peter Newman Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:08 pm

Summed the match up perfectly.
There is something missing from the team but I don't know what it is!

Peter Newman

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:20 pm

TBF JG said it’s going to the wire but I share your pessimism. There are other teams in far better form although Worthing have also been dropping lots of points recently and next Sunday’s game is definitely a ‘don’t lose’ for both.
Today’s game certainly improved after half time but didn’t deserve such well taken goals. If Chelmsford really are the second best team in this division it doesn’t suggest it’s as strong as some claim. 
It sounds like Russe has kicked his last ball of the season so let’s hope the sight of Parselle on crutches at the end was just a precaution and we see him back asap.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:14 pm

Peter Newman wrote:Summed the match up perfectly.
There is something missing from the team but I don't know what  it is!

JG has mentioned a couple of times the need for more nastiness, ruthlessness. Perhaps we haven't got the mobile strength and physicality upfront as we have at the back, the desire? to get hurt in the box to score.

Luton Roman

Peter Newman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:17 pm

Always going to struggle at some point of the season with such a small squad. We had hardly any injuries this season (2 keepers) until Jordan Thomas left and after he left we have had Hand, Russe, Cooke, Lines and now Parselle injured. I always knew we would struggle at some point with 55 odd games a season. However I much prefer the quality 16 man squad than a weaker standard player of a 20 man squad. Budget been spent on quality over quantity. 1 Ewan Clark or 2 average players. 1 Ewan Clark any day. People would soon be moaning it was a boring season, if we had more players but boring weaker players. Next Sunday is now massive. If we beat them we can overtake them with our game in hand. Its all so tight and next Sunday is a 6 pointer. I'm glad Gill is still positive. No point in crying over spilt milk. We go to Worthing and try our best. Could definetly do with a centre midfielder on loan as we only have Hayfield in the mixer. Dyer can play there but if KP out will have to stay centre back. Been a exciting season and the icing on the cake would be top 7. We have to dig deep. Come on you stripes.
Paul1978
Paul1978

Steve Whites Missus, Khelang Roman and Mazzer like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:19 pm

Peter Newman wrote:Summed the match up perfectly.
There is something missing from the team but I don't know what  it is!
I do its Luke Russe. Massive battler. Player of the season for me.
Paul1978
Paul1978

comrade powell likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:00 pm

I see Chris lines has gone out on loan. Strange when we are so light on central midfield players.
Does this suggest there will be a loanee brought in for the Worthing game? A reliable old pro not getting much game time at his club?
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Newman Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:59 am

"A reliable old pro not getting much game time at his club?"

Similar to the one we sent on loan to Yate!

Peter Newman

comrade powell, BenE and Beau Nash like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down