Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

forum better than facebook/ twitter for bath city stuff

4 posters

Go down

forum better than facebook/ twitter for bath city stuff Empty forum better than facebook/ twitter for bath city stuff

Post by Paul1978 Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:04 pm

all praise be to the team who run this forum. i left it for 9 years but even though much smaller its great too debate city with no nasty spiteful posts like you get on facebook and twitter. im not on twitter but ive heard it can be awful. facebook is like banging your head against a brick wall. lose theres loads of posts, win theres hardly any posts. the modern fan is quite bizzare. they wouldn't say what they say too peoples faces. keyboard warriors. internet really is a double edge sword. good for things like banking, keeping in touch with family in distant lands but disgraceful for football. can't be good for anyones mental health twitter. love the competitions on here too and the community. well done too yuffie for inventing the forum.
Paul1978
Paul1978

Midsomer-chris likes this post

Back to top Go down

forum better than facebook/ twitter for bath city stuff Empty Re: forum better than facebook/ twitter for bath city stuff

Post by 2weirdtown Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:40 pm

Yes, I agree and it's the only 'social media' site I have ever used. I wouldn't touch those others you mention with a bargepole.
I do look at other supporters forums occasionally though and Weymouth's gets very busy with the insults flying sometimes.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

forum better than facebook/ twitter for bath city stuff Empty Re: forum better than facebook/ twitter for bath city stuff

Post by Paul1978 Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:51 pm

2weirdtown wrote:Yes, I agree and it's the only 'social media' site I have ever used.  I wouldn't touch those others you mention with a bargepole.
I do look at other supporters forums occasionally though and Weymouth's gets very busy with the insults flying sometimes.
weymouth fans got kicked out of Farnborough Saturday calling Farnborough keeper the most disgusting thing you can call him. Also mentioned his 8 year old daughter. If I was that keeper I'd be over the hoardings decking them all. Absolutely vile.
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:54 pm

Also I'd take any punishment the FA dished out. I'm sickened by weymouth fans at Farnborough
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:58 pm

Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:01 pm

4 pages of that thread!!!!
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:17 pm

2weirdtown wrote:Yes, I agree and it's the only 'social media' site I have ever used.  I wouldn't touch those others you mention with a bargepole.

As Paul suggests, many who used to post on here now share their views on the Facebook page. That’s their choice but I find it’s mostly boring and predictable. I expect it’s the same at most clubs but some, such as Weymouth, Torquay and Dartford still have very busy forums. But unlike this one they often contain nasty posts and a lot of name calling.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Midsomer-chris likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:39 pm

I don't do anti-social media so thankfully avoid all the unpleasantness. This site is civilised just like the club.
I looked at the Arsenal fans forum once and couldn't believe the offensiveness between people who in theory have a bond.
But part of it I think is that you cannot see the other person's face, so you lose those visual clues to achieve full interpretation of what is being said. People get the wrong end of the stick and it escalates from there.
BenE
BenE

comrade powell, Beau Nash, Midsomer-chris and Paul1978 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down