Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City 1 St Albans 3

+2
comrade powell
BenE
6 posters

Go down

City 1 St Albans 3 Empty City 1 St Albans 3

Post by BenE Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:32 am

I thought it was a very good atmosphere at the game. Good to see so many families and they saw an entertaining game.
City were so poor first half but made a real fist of it second. But St Albans always had the edge.
Opi made a massive difference when he came on, hopefully he can bring that bit of invention that has been missing.
Surprised our second goal was ruled put for offside but the lino seemed pretty sure.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

City 1 St Albans 3 Empty Re: City 1 St Albans 3

Post by comrade powell Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:08 am

Agree about the entertainment - what a contrast the recent matches, both home and away, have been to those in the post Christmas period.
As for the atmosphere, I thought it was pretty flat except for the usual whinging about the officials.
I thought the score line flattered us as St Albans went incredibly close on several occasions. Thank goodness Jeffers decided to go easy on us for a change.
Agree about Edwards’ arrival. He should add some urgency to our attacks
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Micawber Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:25 am

I didn't think we were flattered by the score. St Albans could have scored more but so could City. How Wilson's shot stayed out in the 1st half I'll never know. We are really missing Kieron Parselle. I think he has been our most consistent defender and doesn't seem to get the credit he deserves for the number of crucial headers and blocking tackles he makes each game.

Micawber

Midsomer-steve likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Voutt Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:05 pm

Micawber wrote:I didn't think we were flattered by the score. St Albans could have scored more but so could City. How Wilson's shot stayed out in the 1st half I'll never know. We are really missing Kieron Parselle. I think he has been our most consistent defender and doesn't seem to get the credit he deserves for the number of crucial headers and blocking tackles he makes each game.

Agreed.

Colin Voutt

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:40 pm

For most of the first half, looked like City had a hangover from Tuesday's excitement. Granted we hit the post but could easily have been more than two down at half time. Better second half and hit the post again but St Alban's still made more chances.
Mind you, I thought our disallowed equaliser would have been given 8 times out of 10 and then who knows?
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

comrade powell likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:44 pm

We seemed to play with a back three of dyer batten and greenslade that the latter seemed uncomfortable with but it was a matter of needs must with our shortage of fit defenders.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:37 pm

City ultimately paid the price for an insipid, flat and low tempo 1st half where St. Albans were allowed the freedom of the Park to gain confidence and momentum that should have seen them out of sight at half time. JG made changes hooking Smith after 40 mins, a tired Lines at ht and bringing Opi on after an hour. The 2nd half saw a better fight from City, more attempts to go forward quicker and increased territory in and around the St. Albans area and, but for a linos flag, an unlikely and undeserved point might have come their way. JG's post match interview was well balanced I thought, recognising the away's teams quality while asking fans to go easy on a team that had been on a very good run and is still in the mix for the play offs. Opi and a fit Joe Raynes to return is a timely boost.

As part of the Exiles match sponsor group we had a great day nevertheless, well looked after by Carole and her team, a lovely 2 course lunch, prime seats in the stand, and a photo with mom Sonny Cox after the game. City do this stuff very well, and we will be back again for sure.

Finally what a great sight to see Alex Fletcher back running on home turf, his rehab continues and we wish him all the best.

Luton Roman

comrade powell, Beau Nash, 2weirdtown, pete mac and daven like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down